Re: Graphic settings are high but the gameplay does not match the graphic settin

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Graphic settings are high but the gameplay does not match the graphic settin

@KashmirG2002  The person I asked thinks it's probably not about the driver so much as the graphics chip rendering the game at a different resolution in windowed mode.  This would be more about the chip itself and/or the screen struggling with the resolution you're using, not necessarily the driver.  Does the game look better if you use windowed but use your screen's native resolution?  What about windowed with a scaled resolution supported by the screen?

If that doesn't make a difference, or you can't get a screen size you like to also look good, then maybe using windowed fullscreen would be the better option.  If it's access to the Taskbar you need, alt-tabbing to a File Explorer window will make it show up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 14 (281 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@roberta591 Thank you for the information and details, I really appreciate it. Oh I see. Yes, I set my game to resolution 1366x768 when I was testing previously and the problem with the windowed mode was still there, shown in the screenshots above.
Message 12 of 14 (275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for asking them and helping me, when I try to use my standard native resolution in graphics settings, it automatically switches to the 1366x705 one rather than mine, weirdly, it doesn’t stay on the native resolution even after I apply changes.
Message 13 of 14 (274 Views)

@KashmirG2002  You could try manually editing options.ini to change the 705 to a 768, that is, if options.ini is storing the value rather than some other tool on your computer overriding it.  Open the file and crtl-F to search for resolutionheight, and change it to what you want.  Make a copy of options.ini first though, in case you need to restore it.

Another option would be to set the game to fullscreen mode, quit, and tell Origin to launch it in windowed mode.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and enter -w (with the hyphen) in the command line.  Save, and launch; your game should be in windowed mode despite the in-game options.

If neither of these helps though, windowed fullscreen is probably the best option.  You already know the game looks good, you'll get the functionality of windowed mode, and you won't have to keep fiddling with something that insists on not working the way you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (255 Views)