Re: Graphic Card Support

by crinrict

Original Post

Graphic Card Support

★ Novice

Hi,

Im just wondering when support will be added to The Sims 4 for newer Nvidia Graphics cards?

I have a 2070 and the game says its not a recognized graphics card. I've tried everything from changing settings in the control panel to completely reinstalling The Sims 4.

I would like to be able to actually play the game I spend money on, I got a new graphics card so things would look better, and all I can use in Sims at the moment is the Intel graphics...

Message 1 of 4 (478 Views)

Hero

Hi @DoctrWooWho89 

you should be able to use the card even it's not recognized. 

Does it not let you play at all ?

You can even add the card yourself. To help you add the card to the sgr file, there's some info needed.

Please check this thread for details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/7600944#M13596...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

★ Novice

the instructions for adding the card are not complete though so that's not going to fix the issue. The game isn't able to get the graphics to the level the card is at, so they look like crap. I didn't buy a new card for a game I play constantly to not be able to run it.

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can give you instructions if you give me the info asked in that thread.

Do they still look like crap if you just set them to ultra manually ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (416 Views)