Re: Grandmaster still has to take weaknesses

by StarryMight

Original Post

Grandmaster still has to take weaknesses

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Famous, City Living, Get Together, 4 Seasons, Strangerville, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is just always there as a state of being. not sure how to answer this
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire is a Grandmaster, yet still has to take on weaknesses in order to use power points for vampiric bonuses.
What do you expect to see? No more prompting to take a weakness, since he became Grandmaster
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Tried but couldn't take a screenshot of the Vampire Powers array  (command c just did nothing while that menu was open), and a regular screenshot doesn't show anything but the gameplay, none of the screen menu items, so you can't see that his rank is grandmaster or that he is prompted to take a weakness. Not sure how to get past that.

Message 1 of 6 (658 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Try Print Screen and do a "Paste" command in a paint program? (That thing where screenshots don't show the UI is a bug, BTW: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Screenshot-doesn-t-capture-UI-despite-option-being-on/m-p...)

I use Greenshot (look it up) for shots like that, myself. Standard smile

ADDENUM: Also, what kind of mods were you using before you removed them. Did you also delete "localthumbcache.package" from your Sims 4 folder in Documents and repair the game in Origin before re-launching it?

Message 2 of 6 (638 Views)

★ Pro
@gamertherapy Are you still getting prompts after buying weaknesses worth 5pts? Otherwise no bug really
Message 3 of 6 (625 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@kusurusu wrote:
@gamertherapyAre you still getting prompts after buying weaknesses worth 5pts? Otherwise no bug really

Good point, some Weaknesses have more than one possible level to them.

Message 4 of 6 (618 Views)

Hero
@gamertherapy Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (570 Views)

Hero
@gamertherapy Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (528 Views)