Re: Grand Master Vampire labeled as modded

by Malornus

Original Post

Grand Master Vampire labeled as modded

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire sim, use built in cheats to set them to Grand Master, save to library//upload to Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire is suddenly labeled as modded.
What do you expect to see? Vampire not labeled as modded liked before (spring time 2018)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I've been updating all of my sims so that they have proper hot and cold weather outfits, some of which I've been re-uploading to the Gallery. When I got to my twin Vampire household, their Grand Master version (I have a regular and Grand Master version of all my vampires, the former more for playing while the latter more for extra population in a game) seem to now be listed as modded when the only thing that was done to them was use the game's built in cheats to rank them up to Grand Master and assign their points according to their personalities.

I'm not sure when this change came about (I first created them sometime in the spring, but I suspect the patch for Seasons may have been the changing point due to how a lot of cheat options were disabled then), but when I originally made the Grand Master version of them and uploaded to the Gallery, they weren't listed as modded. Now however, for some reason they are. Thought maybe it was because I left one of my mods in (it disables the vampire CAS animations as that gets annoying when trying to create them and they keep running the animation when you're trying to examine things) but even when I removed it and remade the Grand Master version (started a new game, imported the base template of them and cheated them to Grand Master with the built in cheat options, assigned points) to see if maybe it was from the mod, but they still seem to get listed as modded after setting them to Grand Master and saving them.

Tried a work around that I found regarding creations mistakenly tagged as modded, but that didn't seem to work. I've also noticed three new sims of mine that I saved recently (one was through an experiment before Seasons the other two were random sims that were generated that I found possible long term use for) are now locked as modded as well. The one I might know why (she's a hybrid alien, two mothers and I was using mods that lead to her conception) while the other two were randomly generated by the game and while I did have mods in at the time they were saved, when I overhaul a base template for my sims, I remove all mods//cc which has never caused a problem (the one mother for the alien hybrid was born during a modded game, but when I saved her for long term use and upload to the Gallery, she wasn't labeled as modded during her overhaul without mods//cc), so a little puzzled, not sure if it's due to some under the hood changes made to the game recently or (for the three other sims) something within their data that's the source which I've yet to figure out how to track down.

Message 1 of 5 (333 Views)

Hero
Did you try what happens if you don't cheat anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

★ Apprentice

No not originally, but I just did a run now to at least get a vampire up a rank for testing. Went into CAS using testing cheats after getting them up a rank and assigning points since I honestly can't remember how to save a sim to the library without doing it that way (probably through a dresser, but figured I may as well poke the bear a little bit to see what would happen if I only leave out cheating the rank when retracing steps) and I could save them without them being listed as modded. I then decided to cheat them the rest of the way using the Grand Master cheat and could still save them just fine. Then tried the max rank cheat and things continued fine.

So out of puzzlement, started a new game and skipped the manual initial leveling and cheated them to max rank and randomly assigned them their points. Again, saved without a problem. Which leaves me even more puzzled as to why it was causing a fuss before (even when I had removed everything, including localthumbcache which I always delete when making changes to mods folder) but not now. Either it was just having a moody day or there's something in my tuner collection that doesn't play nice at that point since I've been working on some new vampires (been playing a little too much Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines lately, so have been working on some new vampire sims based around the playable clans there) as of late and none of them have had a problem with my tuner collection when creating their base template, only when using the built in cheats so I could max their rank and assign points accordingly.

Guess it's time to do a little more fiddling, see if some of the other troublesome ones have been cleared up as well. If so, I think the game was just having one of those days where it didn't quite want to cooperate with me...

Message 3 of 5 (292 Views)

Hero

@Malornus

moved this to the tech forum for now. 

Feel free to come back if you figure something out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alright. Well I just took a look at the three other troublemakers that I had and could make a new save of them without them getting listed as modded. So still a bit of a head scratcher as to why it was throwing a fit over that originally. I'll keep an eye out for any other oddities like it in the future, it could have just been a hiccup that was refusing to go away, but I guess I'll find out in the coming days once I figure out the rest of my new sims' descriptions (have a few waiting to be released, just gotta write something up for them). The game can be maddening sometimes, still waiting to get some first hand experience with some of the problems that have cropped up since Seasons XD (seen more reports than first hand experience (even when going out of my way to try and trigger an issue) and one "year" has past in my game)

Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)