Got EA Play membership but Late Night pack for Sims 3 isn't installing.

by maddew123

Original Post

Got EA Play membership but Late Night pack for Sims 3 isn't installing.

★★★★ Novice

I've just subscribed to EA Play so I could try the Late Night Sims 3 pack, you get it with your EA Play membership.

I've tried to repair the game, check for updates, download everything I can. But the Sims 3 start program says I don't have any packs.

I've never had any issues like this before, so I don't know what's going on.

What could the problem be?

Message 1 of 11 (1,408 Views)

Re: Got EA Play membership but Late Night pack for Sims 3 isn't installing.

@maddew123  Please click on the Sims 3 icon in your Origin game library, then select More > Expansion Packs, and scroll down to Late Night.  You may have two or even three LN entries in the list; look for a Download button on each one, and if you see one, click it.  If the pack says Installed already, please let me know.

I'm guessing you mean that the launcher's Expansions & Stuff tab doesn't list Late Night.  Does it list High-End Loft Stuff?  You get that pack with an EA Play subscription too; please install it and see whether it shows up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for trying to help!

I'm not currently with the computer I'm having this issue on, but I remember finding three entries for Late Night, yes! One of them had a download-button, but when I pressed it nothing happened. Tried several times, still nothing. I'll be back with the computer in a couple of days and can check more thoroughly then.

Message 3 of 11 (1,202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've downloaded it on my MacBook now, and it worked as soon as I logged into my account (by email) on the Sims 3 launcher. I then got prompted to download both Late Night and the stuff pack through Origin, which redirected me to the Sims 3 launcher. The only issue now, is I got no product code for the packs. Origin just said "no code key"(I think?) in place of it, so now I don't know what to do..

Message 4 of 11 (1,195 Views)

@maddew123  When you have an EA Play membership, the packs you get don't have product codes.  This is not exactly a problem under normal circumstances—EA Play is supposed to be Windows-only, and the Origin/Windows version of the game doesn't require codes be provided during the install process.

If you only have EA Play and don't own Sims 3 separately, I'm surprised you could even download the base game.  Are you only going to play on a Mac?  If so, I don't think there's a way around this issue.  Even an EA support rep would likely tell you that EA Play isn't supported in macOS, although you can still ask for the product codes.  Maybe you'll get someone willing to help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 5 of 11 (1,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll be playing it on a Windows laptop! Just checking if I could fix it now since I only have the Mac available currently. But that makes sense, maybe I can try to log in through the Sims 3 launcher again when I have access to my Windows laptop. I own the Sims 3 separately! Just tried to get the packs through EA play.

Message 6 of 11 (1,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've supposedly managed to download Late Night and the stuff pack now, they're highlighted on the bottom bar of the Sims 3 launcher, but now I get a prompt about a "licensing issue" regarding the game whenever I try to press the play button (again, throught the Sims 3 launcher, not Origin). So now I can't start the game at all.

Message 7 of 11 (1,173 Views)

@maddew123  Please post a screenshot of the error.  I don't recognize it, so it would be good to see its exact presentation.

Message 8 of 11 (1,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is the error message!

It's in Norwegian but it translates to:

A problem(/an issue) occured during the validation of your ownership of the game. Please confirm your game registration key and reinstall the game.

Message 9 of 11 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sims 3 is stuck on "finalizing" in the Origin client as well. I've deleted the cache several times, turned my macbook on and off, and logged into my account through the Sims 3 client but it just sends me to the Origin client again and then nothing happens.

Message 10 of 11 (1,159 Views)