by gamerzz00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Glitchy Lines

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, vampires, dining out, spa day, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, movie hang out stuff, perfect patio stuff, and holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up the game, it is on first page
What happens when the bug occurs? Glitchy Lines appear on the top of the screen
What do you expect to see? No lines
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug appeared a couple of days ago. I have run repairs on the expansions and the Sims Game, I have made sure the game is up to date, we took off CC after my little sister downloaded many. It was after she went through and downloaded the CC that we noticed the issue, but it continued after we took it off.

Message 1 of 9 (815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glitchy Lines

@gamerzz00 sorry, I'm not sure how I missed your post the last few days.

Your graphics card isn't strong enough to run the game. I suggest running it on the lowest in game graphics settings. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (630 Views)

All Replies

Could you post a DxDiag? This gives us a bit more information into your system and what is going on.
Feel free to delete any personal information like the 'machine name'. You can attach the DxDiag to your next reply in this post.
You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (785 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's the DxDiag!

Message 3 of 9 (748 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can someone help me soon? I won’t be on this computer until Monday

Message 4 of 9 (695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hm...

Message 5 of 9 (688 Views)

★ Apprentice

So my sister tried to play Sims 3 and it happened there too. We don’t have any other Origin games, and it doesn’t happen anywhere else. Could this possibly be Sims only or is there a problem regarding Origin?

We tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and the Sims, and nothing changed.

Message 6 of 9 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gamerzz00 it sounds like it might be a graphics driver issue, so I would suggest checking and updating your graphics drivers, but given that CC was also a factor, if you haven't already, please try these exact steps: 1) Remove all CC/mods, 2) clear your cache, and 3) repair the game via Origin.  Since it sounds like your issue was occurring on the main screen, you probably don't need to create a new save, but for future reference, if you're ever experiencing anything odd in gameplay itself, that would be the next step.  Also, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Technical forum, so you can get more targeted help.

Message 7 of 9 (649 Views)

@gamerzz00 sorry, I'm not sure how I missed your post the last few days.

Your graphics card isn't strong enough to run the game. I suggest running it on the lowest in game graphics settings. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 9 (631 Views)

★ Apprentice

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! IT WORKED!

Message 9 of 9 (534 Views)