by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Glitching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day, movie hangout, cool kitchen, and the sims 4 holiday, and also the legacy edition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. As soon as the game starts up, it just glitches and it does it in cas, start up screen, just everywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? Everywhere in the game (start-up, cas, in-game)
What do you expect to see? I expect to not see marks in the screen going across my screen and my game to not glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven’t played my game since February because of school, so I just updated my game and now everytime I open the game, it glitches everywhere I go. In game, cas. And the start up screen, as well the loading screen.

These are the pictures of my start up screen on the sims, and this excludes cas, in game, and loading screen.

Message 1 of 10 (603 Views)

Re: Glitching

★ Guide

I think it's a graphic card problem, but I don't know how to check it.
I can advice you to check your graphic card drivers though.

Message 2 of 10 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@epaor I just updated my graphics card before updating. How do I check it?

@epaor It says for the graphics card that “this device is working properly.” So I don’t think my graphics card is the case.

[Merged by CM]

Message 3 of 10 (567 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict i attached the text file to my post.
Message 5 of 10 (522 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@raw21533 

Your PC is below minimum requirements for the game. Try to reduce graphics to low setting and maybe enable laptop mode as well. See if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (487 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen But how did it work before with no glitching, but when I updated, now my computer is below minimum for the game?
Message 7 of 10 (477 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@raw21533 

It is below minimum for the base game. Every time there is a new pack it puts more strain on an already weak computer.

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SPECS:
OS: 64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
DISC DRIVE: DVD Rom Drive required for installation only
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0, 10 and 11 Compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

Your PC fail in Graphics (too little dedicated RAM) And while you on the surface have enough RAM you have to share this with the graphics meaning that you really don't have enough RAM for the game but try the suggestions I gave you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 10 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsenso do I have to buy a whole new computer just for the game to work properly? Is there a way to clear space for RAM?

Message 9 of 10 (463 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@raw21533 

You have an All-in-one. This means that it is practically impossible to upgrade anything with the possible exception of RAM and the HDD. You can see in the manual if it is possible to upgrade it and if it is what type of RAM you need to buy. But even if that is possible don't expect it to be a miracle cure as the most limiting thing is the graphics which you can not upgrade.

Message 10 of 10 (430 Views)