by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Glitches after Update

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Continue a saved game or start a new one.
What happens when the bug occurs? In CAS, the gender buttons are missing and the gender customization drop menu doesn't work. Also, when I continued a save, the Build/Buy button was missing and I couldn't save because it said the game was still loading.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the gender buttons/menu and to be able to save my games.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started right after the update 13 November 2018.

I even tried deleting the proper cache files. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glitches after Update

Hero

HI @JazzyJmine

Looks like your using an incompatible mod. You need to makes sure your mods are always up-to-date with the current patch level or they can break your game

It's most probably an UI mod like the UI Cheat Extension

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,349 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @JazzyJmine

Looks like your using an incompatible mod. You need to makes sure your mods are always up-to-date with the current patch level or they can break your game

It's most probably an UI mod like the UI Cheat Extension

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed all my script mods before the update. And I now have a few of LittleMsSam’s updated mods. So, could CC be causing the graphics thing? I was able to figure out a way to fix the save thing (edit the lot from the Manage Worlds menu then play the household). 

Message 3 of 5 (1,338 Views)

Hero
Quickest way is to test without any mods.

Also delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! 

Message 5 of 5 (1,302 Views)