Re: Glimmerbrook not loading

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Glimmerbrook not loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

At first I had to download the game through EA as origin kept directing me to the delux pack when I clicked on realm of magic .Then in world map I click on glimmerbrook and I get nothing . Total blank white screen . I repaired game twice . And exited game multiple times . Nothing works . I don’t know what to do . Has this happened to anyone else ? 

Message 1 of 11 (2,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@melhidalgo

No, you need this delivery of fresh files Standard smile

1. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
2. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
3. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
4, Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
5. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
6. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
7. Now, delete this "old" folder

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (2,255 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@melhidalgo

Unfortunately, if repairing the game didn't help, you would have to uninstall the whole game and install it again.
However, you should first check that the reason for it is in your game folder, in Documents, whether in the installation folder in Program Files.

Go to Documents / ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old", start the new game with the random sim - the new game folder will be created - and check if you still have this error in the virgin game folder.
If this error hasn't disappeared, unfortunately, you have to reinstall the game. Your saves and library will stay safe because of reinstallation take place in the installation folder in Program Files - not in Documents.
But just in case before uninstalling the game, move the entire folder -  this old one - from Documents to the desktop. 

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (2,270 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora  Thank you. Glimmerbrook showed up in the virgin file . So what now ? do I rename the Sims 4 folder back to normal?

Message 3 of 11 (2,259 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@melhidalgo

No, you need this delivery of fresh files Standard smile

1. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
2. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
3. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
4, Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
5. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
6. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
7. Now, delete this "old" folder
Message 4 of 11 (2,256 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora it is def my mods. I will do what you suggested to weed them out . Thank you for responding
Message 5 of 11 (2,252 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@melhidalgo

Glad it helped you. Enjoy your game Standard smile
Message 6 of 11 (2,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi just wondering, did you figure out what mod was causing the problem?

Message 7 of 11 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Novice

removing Tmex mods worked for me.

Message 8 of 11 (1,961 Views)

★ Novice
@Chavaisrael Thanks for the tip. Removing the Tmex mods worked for me as well. Twisted Mexi is good with updating his mods so this is a short term problem.
Message 9 of 11 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Novice

He absolutely is really good about keeping his stuff up to date. I updated them and put them back and I have no problems now.

Message 10 of 11 (1,852 Views)