Re: Glass roofs aren't working?

by LadyMichael

Original Post

Glass roofs aren't working?

★★ Novice

I can't get the new glass roofs to work. Whenever I place the roof, none of the light gets through (the room is entirely dark on the inside, even though the room is glass). I tried taking out all my mods/CC, but that didn't work, and I tried to set my graphics to the highest they could go, and that didn't help either. Does anyone know what to do?

Message 1 of 18 (11,735 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I do have the same problem. Also removed all mods and CC, repaired the game and so on but it still does not work. It only works if the room is not completely closed which is stupid if you are trying to build a Greenhouse. Made some screenshots too.

Message 2 of 18 (11,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@disneyandco @LadyMichael what are your graphic settings?  Mine are set to very high, and glass roofs are allowing light to pass through as expected in my game.  It's possible that at a lower light setting, it might not...  Also, have you checked the roof at various times of day.  The interior will not be lit up the same as the outdoors even with the glass roof on; it depends upon the position of the sun outdoors as to what angle the light comes in and how strong it is, although judging by your picture, that's not the case.  Let me know your settings if not on very high, and I will test it in my game.

Message 3 of 18 (11,662 Views)

★★ Novice

All of my settings personally are the highest they can go. Also, my game looks exactly like the screenshots posted. 

Message 4 of 18 (11,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@LadyMichael

Put in Doors and Windows and it will look right.

PS. I have never seen greenhouses without these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 18 (11,639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No it does not. My screenshots are just an example. Wink I've build one with windows and doors and it's the same. Wink

Message 6 of 18 (11,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Aaaaaah thank you. For me it worked. <3 I changed my settings and  now it looks like it's supposed to.

Message 7 of 18 (11,622 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Glad you got it to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 18 (11,613 Views)

★★ Novice
what are all of your settings at? mine (including lighting) are the highest they can go and it still doesnt work
Message 9 of 18 (11,595 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here.

My settings are maxed.

Doors & Windows have been installed.

Still no light/shadows inside unless the roof is smaller than the room.

Message 10 of 18 (11,585 Views)