Re: Giant Mailbox attached to my Sim's head.

by whubble1817

Original Post

Giant Mailbox attached to my Sim's head.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all through Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim was sitting in the hot tub. I noticed the mail flag was up so I instructed her to "get mail" and suddenly a giant mailbox appeared to be attached to her head. I did eventually get her to leave the hot tub but the instruction to get the mail disappeared.
What do you expect to see? Not to have a giant mailbox attached to my sim's head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So here is a picture of what happened. It was very sudden and definately the strangest thing I have ever seen. 

07-05-20_11-50-46 PM.png

Message 1 of 6 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@whubble1817 Are you sure you didn't use the set as head cheat by accident ?

You can use Reset(debug) by shift clicking on the Sim with testingcheats enabled. That should remove the Mail Box from the Sims head

As for the missing mail option, does the Sim not have the stuff in their inventory ? Do you continue to never get mail again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,372 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That is a great question. I didn't have cheats enabled but I will try to duplicate it and see if I can make it happen again. I should add that after I went out of the game and back in, the mailbox was sitting on the ground and my sim was standing next to it. It was still huge. The original mailbox was still in its place and was normal size.  Getting the mail returned to normal. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,345 Views)

Hero
@whubble1817 Can you not delete it in build mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,343 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was able to delete the giant mailbox for 0 simoleans. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,331 Views)

Hero
@whubble1817 Great.

Please accept a solution if this is solved for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,323 Views)