Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ghost goo caused my sim to perma ghost, ambrosia didn't resurrect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything but the exercise pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I just decided to use the ghost goo and my sim turned into a ghost and wouldn't turn back. I found the stuff for Ambrosia and made it and she ate it and it looked like she was going to turn back, but she didn't.
What happens when the bug occurs? She's still a ghost.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a "live" sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just decided to use the ghost goo and my sim turned into a ghost and wouldn't turn back. I found the stuff for Ambrosia and made it and she ate it and it looked like she was going to turn back, but she didn't. 

Message 1 of 17 (6,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ghost goo caused my sim to perma ghost, ambrosia didn't resurrect

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @AurorahMoon

according to this old thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/13620723/#Comment_13620723 there should be a moodlet. So if you didn't get one, that may be the reason why the ghost status didn't got removed

EDIT: Just tested this in my game and mine went back to normal after 4 hours. Since you already solved yours, would you be willing to try again to see if you get the moodlet this time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (6,668 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @AurorahMoon

Is this the issue you are experiencing?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Can-t-resurrect-my-sim/m-p/6957191#M69979

Thanks for your report! :D

Message 2 of 17 (6,674 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's similar, except my sim didn't DIE, there's no gravestone, no urn. She drank ghost goo. I tried the TwistedMexis mod cheat and that didn't work either. I've tried ambrosia twice now, and just when it looks like it's going to work, it doesn't. I've also tried evicting the whole household and moving them back in. My problem is not solved, I don't know what to do. Frown

Message 3 of 17 (6,660 Views)

★★★ Novice
I got her back!!! I kept seeing that she was overheated so I got the impression that she'd somehow "died" of overheating so I did the cheat ��traits.remove_trait Ghost_Overheat and she's alive again! *cackles with glee* SHE'S ALIVE!!! *ahem* Sorry. Exuberant. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 17 (6,646 Views)

Hero
Hi @AurorahMoon

just to be sure: You drank the goo and the ghost didn't turn back on it's own after the time for the moodlet expired or does the moodlet not count down ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (6,632 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't remember it registering as a moodlet. There was nothing that said it was a moodlet. She drank the serum and was POOF, a ghost. I expected her to turn back after a while but after a full, out of game 24 hours I got kind of suspicious and googled how long ghost goo was supposed to last and was told 4 hours. That's when I started panicking. She had no gravestone, no urn. I tried every iteration of cheat I could find, did Ambrosia twice, to no avail, and then saw that it looked like she'd died of overheating so I recalled reading here https://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/ that you could reverse ghosts by the way they died. I finally did traits.remove_trait Ghost_Overheat, which worked, and since it was a TRAIT and not a BUFF it explain why the TwistedMexis cheat didn't work. I know I'm a newb but I hope this helps someone else.

Rorah
Message 6 of 17 (6,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @AurorahMoon

according to this old thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/13620723/#Comment_13620723 there should be a moodlet. So if you didn't get one, that may be the reason why the ghost status didn't got removed

EDIT: Just tested this in my game and mine went back to normal after 4 hours. Since you already solved yours, would you be willing to try again to see if you get the moodlet this time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (6,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried it again tonight and everything was normal, it showed as a moodlet and ended at the proscribed 4 in-game hours. I don't know what caused the colossal muck-up before, I'm just glad it was resolved.

Rorah

Message 8 of 17 (6,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sim went to work after drinking ghost goo and now is stuck as a ghost. How can I get her back?

Message 9 of 17 (6,472 Views)

Hero
Do you have a moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (6,461 Views)