Re: Getting game to recognize your graphic card/glitched baby

by lissarv68

Original Post

Getting game to recognize your graphic card/glitched baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

OK....

I have the glitched baby in my game.  I noticed in the demo that it had found/supported my Intel card when it should have found/supported my Nvidia card.  The graphics card file shows my card as supported.  I checked the card, I checked the vendor, and I checked the device numbers and they are all listed.  Yet the game found and matched the Intel card.

The troubleshooting that I've done:

Rewrote the graphicscard.sgr file and removed any reference to Intel cards.  Deleted the config file.  Launched the game.  It went from:

GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2992 RAM: 8075 Adjusted RAM: 7563 Cores: 2

Name (driver):   Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Name (database): 4th Gen Intel(R) Core processor graphics HD 4400 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT2 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

To this:

GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3

Name (database): 4th Gen Intel(R) Core processor graphics HD 4400 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT2 [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

I suspect this was because I have my global settings for my Nvidia card so that it is used instead of the Intel one.  So by removing the intel card from the sgr file, it no longer overrode my global setting.

Went into game, had another baby, the glitch happened again.

Troubleshooting attempt #2

Completely uninstalled Sims 4 and the demo.  Used CC Cleaner to remove any trace of either one.  Reinstalled Sims 4.  Went to the bin and removed any reference of an Intel card in the graphics card file.  Then went to the graphics rule file and noticed that it was different now.  Instead of listing out each card, it just has the name Nvidia so didn't do anything.

Launched the game and got a notification that the game was unable to find a supported card.  It failed to located the Nvidia card that is listed in the graphics card file as being supported.  The glitched baby returned.

Troubleshooting attempt # 3

Same as above but this time I copy/pasted the information from the graphic rules file in Sims 3 into the one in Sims 4.  I added in my specific graphic card.  Launched the game, didn't get the "unsupported graphic card" notification this time.  Looked at the config file and found....

GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3

Name (database): 4th Gen Intel(R) Core processor graphics HD 4400 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT2 [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

How is it finding a card that I have completely removed from both files?  Nowhere in either .sgr file does it list an Intel card.  I removed it.  The glitched baby returned.

Somehow the game is completely over riding every attempt I've made to force it to use the Nvidia card and keeps using that Intel card that is glitching out.  I can look in my Nvidia GPU activity and SEE that Sims 4 is being used by the card.  So why does it keep glitching?  How do you add this card to the .sgr files so the config file actually sees it and finds it?

I can provide screenshots.  I'm mostly posting this here so those of you who know more about game coding than I do can mull this over and figure out what is going on and why the baby glitch keeps happening, why the game is not recognizing my card.

Is it card specific?  Driver specific?  What is it?

Message 1 of 2 (748 Views)

Re: Getting game to recognize your graphic card/glitched baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Close......I fixed it.  Here is the information for anybody having this glitch.

.....just click on laptop mode!  *massive d'oh on my part*

I can't believe that fixed it.

You still need to make sure that the game is using the right graphic card to enable the higher settings.  Mine are defaulting to all high but I don't like taxing my system out like that when I don't see a difference. 

Message 2 of 2 (721 Views)