Getting celebrity notifications from unplayed households.

by Amy571

Original Post

Getting celebrity notifications from unplayed households.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through regular play, have a sim in an unplayed household that is a celebrity.
What happens when the bug occurs? Getting notifications about celebrity status from unplayed sims.
What do you expect to see? Nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Get Famous expansion.

I am getting notifications for unplayed sims in relation to their celebrity status, like this one: simsnotification.jpg.

Babs is a sim in my game that I created, but her household is not an active or played one, just a sim I moved into the world. I am getting these notifications for ANY sim with celebrity status, including the premade ones that came with De Sol Valley which I have never played. Celebrity sims are also constantly walking into my house and acting like they live there, even when I lock my doors.

Message 1 of 16 (1,185 Views)

Re: Getting celebrity notifications from unplayed households.

Hero

Hi @Amy571

what kinds of mods are you using ? Did you try without them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,163 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am currently using the most recent version of MC Command Center, and I am using 21 days in a season mod, Force to Leave mod, and Pet Pet Fix mod from LittleMsSam. I have tried without them and it still happens. I also tried repairing my game and it didn't help.

Message 3 of 16 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could be a setting in MCCC then. Have you checked on those ?

Did you delete your localthumbcache file after removing the mods and testing without ? Did you also test a save that never saw any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,062 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (979 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is normal. When earning a star you are likely to get one of these from someone you may only have briefly talked to probably on a Gig. I think it is to reflect real life where it is not uncommon that if you gain fame or fortune you suddenly hear from people you hardly know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 16 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Well, seriously ? I've never gotten such a message so far.

Seems so targeted towards a certain person that's not you.

Sounds a bit like the investor message for households that you aren't playing. Maybe it only occurs if you're playing rotationally (although that particular one seems unplayed)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (960 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I do not remember from what level it starts, but suddenly after getting the next star you will get these congratulations in a large amount. Often this is finished with the sentence: it's nice to have you among friends. And this is sometimes from people who your star gave autograph one times. Just like in real life ...
I do not know if it matters, but you must have great reputation to receive this congratulations.
Message 8 of 16 (953 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is easy to miss as it is not a phone call just a standard message and you will only get it if the sim that gained a star has acquaintances that are under the sims level in fame..Once i got it from the director of the last Gig I was on.Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 16 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you guys play rotationally or not ? Pretty sure I can't have missed cause I always read my notifications

I mean, I've seen this for my household but not for NPCs. As far as I understand the OP, neither of the two Sim on the picture are in the active household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (946 Views)