Gets stuck on loading screen when selecting my current household

by JessHelmo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gets stuck on loading screen when selecting my current household

★★ Novice

Hi, I have all the packs besides the new one Snowy Escape and have never played with mods or custom content.

I have been playing this household for a good while but now when I click to load the household (who's only occupant is currently living in university housing) it just gets stuck on the loading screen. I have attempted to Recover save and went back a few saves but it has the same issue. Note that when I listen to the music it plays the normal theme for when the household has finished loading and it can now be played, but stays on the loading screen with the normal loading screen music playing.

I have checked and "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" are disabled, which I've heard causes problems with this sort of thing.

I visited the university lot however with a pre created household and it went straight through, however when I again tested my household it got stuck on the loading screen.

Message 1 of 3 (3,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gets stuck on loading screen when selecting my current household

@JessHelmo  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, as an experiment, try playing a different household for a few sim-hours and then go back to your existing one.  Quit and reload after switching to the new household.  You can use "save as" to rename the save, so you have your original as a backup.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,218 Views)

All Replies

@JessHelmo  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, as an experiment, try playing a different household for a few sim-hours and then go back to your existing one.  Quit and reload after switching to the new household.  You can use "save as" to rename the save, so you have your original as a backup.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (3,219 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your help! I did try the repair and it didn't work so before I tried your other suggestion I tried getting my household to visit a lot then pressed home on their picture at the bottom of the screen and it let me go back to the university lot.
Message 3 of 3 (3,210 Views)