Get to new game page and it won't start

by 540jmh12

Original Post

Get to new game page and it won't start

★★★ Newbie

This is what it looks like when I get to the new game page. Every time I try to click on the check mark, it doesn't work. Someone please help!

Message 1 of 4 (759 Views)

Re: Get to new game page and it won't start

@540jmh12  Please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.  That will provide information on a bunch of potential issues at once, so we can start narrowing things down.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only pack I have the the regular one, no other packs.

Message 3 of 4 (727 Views)

@540jmh12  The issue that stands out to me is that you only have 4 GB RAM installed.  That's enough to run the base game, but not anything else at the same time.  For example, if you had a browser window or two open, your system might run out of memory when the game's use spiked as it tried to load data for a new world.  Your dxdiag also has numerous errors related to Windows trying to update.  Those attempts could cause an increase in memory use as well, leaving not enough for the game.

So the first thing to try is launching TS3 while nothing else is running and you have no internet connection.  Restart your computer, open Origin, put it in offline mode, and then disconnect from wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable.  Launch the game and see if it helps.  If you still can't load a new world, pull your Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then restart your computer again and repeat the process.

Also, it looks like you tried running the game, or at least the launcher, in compatibility mode.  There's no need for that—TS3 runs just fine in Windows 10, at least most of the time.

Another thing I noticed was that you likely patched the game to 1.69 while troubleshooting.  What patch level were you on before?  If you're not sure, that's fine; I'm just curious how you went about patching.  An incomplete job usually doesn't cause the game to fail to load entirely, but it's possible.  So if you could let me know what kind of install this was originally and how you patched, that would be helpful.

The other possibility that comes to mind is the effects of the Windows Creators Update from two years ago.  This is generally no longer a problem, as the harmful effects were repaired a while ago.  But your Windows build is from a year and a half ago, and so you might still have those features that didn't work well with TS3.  This guide shows you how to turn them off, although it was written with the previous version of Windows 10 in mind.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15902876#Comment_15902876

And if none of this works, let me know, and I'll try to think of something else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (714 Views)