Re: Get to Work/Get Famous Work/School Notifications

by crinrict

Original Post

Get to Work/Get Famous Work/School Notifications

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4: Jungle Adventure, Get Famous, City Living, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Vampires,Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unless my sims are celebrities, they don't get a notification that work begins in an hour. My Get to Work Professions Sims do not get the option to go to the place of work; i.e. those in the medical field don't get the option to go to the hospital. My sims won't go to work or school unless prompted.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see my sims with professions get the notification to join them at work and my career and school sims to get the notification that school or work is starting soon.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Get Famous

Unless my sims are celebrities, they don't get a notification that work begins in an hour. My Get to Work Professions Sims do not get the option to go to the place of work; i.e. those in the medical field don't get the option to go to the hospital. My sims won't go to work or school unless prompted.

Additionally, my sim was abducted and gave birth to an alien baby who cannot attend school. I select "Go to School", but the command is ignored and disappears.

I also get notifications that my sim's audition is in an hour while playing another household. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,123 Views)

Hero

Hi @cmariap

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,106 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @cmariap

do you still have issues with this or were you able to solve it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (2,078 Views)

★ Novice

It worked until I started playing a celebrity household with the actor career. 

Message 4 of 15 (2,065 Views)

Hero
Do you have any lastexception files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (2,054 Views)

Hero

Tagging @cmariap again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,005 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the delay in response, I appreciate your time. I have no idea actually. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,997 Views)

Hero

Just open your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ folder and see if there's any files called lastexception

If so, c/p the content in here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (1,993 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@cmariap

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (1,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

im not sure if this is what you meant or not but I am having the same problem. Thanks. 

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>97f24e1e0eb1cdc35e88d4e9</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2020-04-04 15:12:54</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1220-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>posture_graph.py:4824</categoryid><desyncid>97f24e1e0eb1cdc35e88d4e9</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[rez] Posture graph threw an exception while being queried by autonomy: (AssertionError: Source spec not in the posture graph: stand@object_tableDining_1x1:0x048f0b0abe7f06b5[2], carry, surfaceConfusedlot_target@object_tableDining_1x1:0x048f0b0abe7f06b5[2] for interaction: running seating_Sit:2618 on object_sitDiningCLow_01:0x048f0b0abe7f06ee (guaranteed))&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 206, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 469, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_service.py", line 496, in _process_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_service.py", line 433, in _update_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 252, in run_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1387, in _run_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1835, in _score_object_interactions_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1934, in _create_and_score_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 144, in wrapper&#13;&#10;KeyError: (Constraint(...), _TunableAffordanceFilterWrapper._filter, False, &lt;sim '' 0x48f0b0abe7f0310&gt;, frozenset({&lt;sim '' 0x48f0b0abe7f0310&gt;}), frozenset({(&lt;SI sim_Chat id:2221 sim:&gt;, &lt;bound method SuperInteraction.is_guaranteed of &lt;SI sim_Chat id:2221 sim:&gt;&gtWink, (&lt;SI sim-stand id:2594 sim:&gt;, &lt;bound method SuperInteraction.is_guaranteed of &lt;SI sim-stand id:2594 sim:&gt;&gtWink, (&lt;SI drink_Coffee_Generic_Consume id:2071 sim:&gt;, &lt;bound method SuperInteraction.is_guaranteed of &lt;SI drink_Coffee_Generic_Consume id:2071 sim:&gt;&gtWink}))&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1931, in _create_and_score_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\autonomy\autonomy_modes.py", line 1029, in _calculate_route_time_and_opportunity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 156, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2707, in estimate_distance&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2747, in _estimate_distance&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 2626, in _generate_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1486, in compute_transition_connectivity&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1533, in run_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3417, in _build_transitions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3208, in _build_and_log_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3270, in _build_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2738, in get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 2888, in _get_transitions_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture_graph.py", line 4824, in get_segmented_paths&#13;&#10;AssertionError: Source spec not in the posture graph: stand@object_tableDining_1x1:0x048f0b0abe7f06b5[2], carry, surfaceConfusedlot_target@object_tableDining_1x1:0x048f0b0abe7f06b5[2] for interaction: running seating_Sit:2618 on object_sitDiningCLow_01:0x048f0b0abe7f06ee (guaranteed)&#13;&#10;rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 21.39&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,67,39100&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D76) GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

[Admin - adding a spoiler tag to clean this up a bit]

Message 10 of 15 (1,544 Views)