Re: Get started button and redeem free simpoints button

by DRAMAticalDragon

Original Post

Get started button and redeem free simpoints button

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to redeem the $10 dollars in free simpoints and I've looked up how to get them but i keep getting these instructions which didn't work for me at all. Really need help please<3

"You may be entitled to $10 worth of SimPoints.

Players who register their game on TheSims3.com and Store.TheSims3.com are entitled to $10 worth of SimPoints.

Keep in mind you might have to register on both TheSims3.com and The Sims 3 Store to be able to get your $10 worth of free Sim Points.

To redeem your free SimPoints, follow the steps below:

Registering your game through The Sims 3 Store

Some users have to register their game through The Sims 3 Store, in addition to registration at TheSims3.com. To register your game on The Sims 3 Store, take a look at the following instructions:

1. Go to The Sims 3 Store.
  2. Click on the Get Started button (by the animated screen).
  3. Register your game through the screen that follows.
    • NOTE: If you get an error message saying your game is already registered, skip to the next step.
  4. Click on My Account.
  5. Click on the Redeem Free Sim Points orange button.
  6. You should see a message pop-up asking you if you want to apply your $10 worth of SimPoints to your account. Click OK.

Your SimPoints should be automatically added to your account. 

Registering your game through MyPage/Redeeming your points through MyPage

If you did not enter a serial key when you created an account on TheSims3.com, you may enter it through your MyPage as follows:

1. Select My Account from the MyPage pull-down menu on the top navigation bar.
  2. Click on the Register a Game link.
  3. Enter your Serial Code in the Serial Code text field and click on Register.
  4. Click on the MyPage button to go back to your MyPage.
  5. Click on the Redeem Free SimPoints orange button.
  6. You should see a message pop-up asking you if you want to apply your $10 worth of SimPoints to your account. Click OK.

Your SimPoints should be automatically added to your account. To verify you have your SimPoints, click on the Store button on the top navigation. You should see your SimPoints addition reflected on the top left-hand corner of the page, under the Logout link."

heres the thing.

ok I "Go to The Sims 3 Store" right?

but there is literally not a single  "Get Started button (by the animated screen)"

so i cant complete step 2 or 3 of "Registering your game through The Sims 3 Store"

i try to do step 4

and i dont have a "Redeem Free Sim Points orange button" 

so thats a no for steps 5 and 6 as well lol

also no "Redeem Free SimPoints orange button." on MyPage either.

pls send help

Message 1 of 6 (32,771 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@zeddsun9 go to thesims3.com - login - click my page/My Account/register a game (or register a code). Not all games/packs give the bonus points. Once the game is registered the bonus sims points will be added to your account total in the upper right of thesims3.com page.

Message 2 of 6 (32,739 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hey so I clicked on that button multiple times and it didn't go away. I have 9000 points.... what happened???

Message 3 of 6 (28,031 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@zeddsun9 I'm assuming the bonus is for the purchase of the base game? Do you have the game appearing in Origin? Origin is the present DRM for this game since 2012. Although the sites should communicate you should have the base game and packs appear in Origin.

Message 4 of 6 (28,024 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DRAMAticalDragon   What button are you talking about? Does your game appear in Origin? Most bonuses  automatically redeem where you register the game/pack. Not all packs generate a bonus. Please post what product you purchased and where you are trying to redeem the code.

Message 5 of 6 (28,021 Views)

★★ Novice

The Orange redeem free points button on the sims 3 store. The thing is I didnt register all my packs and stuff. This situation happened today if it matters. My game does appear in origin but I bought everything through steam.

Message 6 of 6 (28,007 Views)