Get famous actor career issue

by starlakaleah

Original Post

Get famous actor career issue

★★★ Newbie

So i just started a new family and my sim is doing the acting career. When my sim  gets her audition it tells you what recommended skill level you need to pass the audition. When my sim gets to that level it doesn't have a check mark in the recommended skill section. Like it doesn't notice that my sim has that skill level. My sim needs a charisma level 2 skill to pass her audition and she has charisma level 3 and its not showing that she has that skill in the work panel. So I sent her to the audition anyway thinking maybe it was just a bug with the check mark but she failed her audition its like it doesn't notice she has the skill? I tried it with other careers and it works fine and i tried it with other households and its still the same issue and it is only with the acting career. I uninstalled the sims and installed it and it didn't help. I haven't had this issue before until now.

Message 1 of 3 (300 Views)

Re: Get famous actor career issue

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@starlakaleah

Have you used the code to raise the level of charisma? Recently sometimes happened that, the achievements obtained with the code or mod were not noticed by the game.

Do you have any mods in the game?
If yes:
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and to check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

If you don't have any mods delete this localthumbcache.package file also. It will be created by game again but without saved errors

If it will not work, the last option is factory reset of the game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

There is also an option that only this current save is spoiled and can not be repaired, and the new save will be work correctly.

I don't work for EA.

Message 2 of 3 (276 Views)

Re: Get famous actor career issue

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for getting back late and thanks for responding. I did have a few mods but I removed and deleted all of them because I thought that was the problem but it didn't change anything. I did what you said and deleted localthumbcache.package but it still didn't work. I also factory reset the game folder and started a whole new game and i'm still having this problem. I've tried to do the skills with and without cheats but it's still not recognizing it for the actor career. I didn't have this issue before with the actor career but now I do and i'm not sure why. i've also uninstalled and reinstalled all of the sims 4 and I'm not really sure what else to do.

Message 3 of 3 (227 Views)