Get famous Acting career issue with maternity break

by campepsi

Original Post

Get famous Acting career issue with maternity break

★★★★ Novice

Basically, I encountered a weird problem and I want to share it to see if there is a solution and to get attention on this problem so it can eventually be fixed.
My female sims was pregnant and I knew she would start feeling unwell during the filming of her current contract, so she called off for maternity reasons.

I cancelled the contract because I was too afraid of the consequences

I made her get another contract after the birth and the day came when at 19 o'clock she was suppose to go filming, but she didn't. Nothing popped up to tell me ''Female sims has to go to work, follow her or stay here?'' And there is no way to force an actor to go to work apparently (no button to press in the work panel).

I waited till the next day and I failed the contract only receiving the minimum. Tried another contract and same thing happened.

When I go to ''take a day off'' on the phone the option is blurred and it says I already am on a break.

I didn't saved my game so I reloaded it the day before she was suppose to go work, (but after she called off) and the same thing happened.

Either this is a bug or the game creator did not expected this problem when taking an acting day off.
I made a new family and tried acting. Everything was fine. I tested and remade those exact steps (e.g. get a pregnant girl to call off on the day of her contract and cancel the contract then audition get a new contract) and then it started doing the same thing. Is it just me?
Is it a bug if I can trigger it at will? (though I dont recommend doing it) the only option is starting career over
I do not use mods or CC so I dont know what to do to fix this if its not a programming mistake in the game itself.

Message 1 of 5 (1,177 Views)

Re: Get famous Acting career issue with maternity break

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a couple of issues with taking vacation and breaks in the actor career

Are you able to cancel your gig/audition ? Have you tried that ?

There's this issue with auditions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-GF-Same-audition-over-and-over-after-audition-on/td-... which is a bit different then yours though .. it might also be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-A-GF-Looking-for-audition-drops-from-queue/td-p/717...

I know there have also been reports of actors not being able to go to gigs but I can't find those atm. I might need you to create a new bug report but let me check some things first.

I'll get back to you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,157 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had issues when after i do a first audition it would "Cancel" the second. I don't know how to fix it

Message 3 of 5 (1,000 Views)

★★ Novice

Do i mean the gigs? YES!

Message 4 of 5 (999 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

This is a pretty old thread that hasn't been updated in quite a while, so I've gone ahead and locked it. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread when you have a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (961 Views)