Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by Heather_Dianne6

Original Post

Re: Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★★★ Apprentice

For the gig she has, there isn't the requirement for her to get into costume (as in it isn't listed in her tasks for the gig). But I will try it out to see if it will help!

Message 11 of 27 (6,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I will try this tomorrow when I load up the game! I hope it works as well! Did you debug the sim or the makeup chair?

Message 12 of 27 (6,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too it’s really frustrating because I’m getting lower scores on gigs. I will try what you did though and see if it helps! Thank you 😊

Message 13 of 27 (6,730 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay guys! So, last night the gurus sent out an emergency patch for the game. It did not say that it fixed this issue, however when I loaded up the game this morning to try again, the issue was gone. I had my sim sit in the chair for hair and makeup and it went through without a problem and the task completed. It's very possible that the interaction had been broken by the same bug that caused another glitch that was fixed in the patch. So far, this seemed fixed for me. However, I want to see if anyone else has the issue still before I accept the patch as the solution. Let me know!

Message 14 of 27 (6,692 Views)

★ Novice

I just started having this issue today after patching.

I tried the debug, but it doesn't work. I'm on a Mac with no CCs or mods.

Message 15 of 27 (6,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, it was all fine before the update from yesterday. My sims just gets dissappointed about her hair and perk will still be unfinished... I can’t play the game like this...

Message 16 of 27 (6,579 Views)

Hero

I had tested @Heather_Dianne6 and haven't been able to replicate this but since there's a few reports now, could someone please create a thread in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Make sure you test this on an unmodded fresh game first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 27 (6,569 Views)

★ Novice

I created a fresh game (and I don't ever use mods).

Problem persists. It did not exist for me until AFTER the patch. Before the patch, it was fine.

Message 18 of 27 (6,544 Views)

Hero
Please create a bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (6,540 Views)

★ Novice

Hey!

I managed to solve this problem by using the enablefreebuild cheat and placing a new all in one make up station or whatever it's called.

Open the cheat code panel by pressing control + shift + c. Make sure cheats are on by typing "testingcheats on" and then "bb.enablefreebuild" without the ".

I hope this works out for everybody else too.

Happy holidays! Standard smile

Message 20 of 27 (6,485 Views)