Re: Get Famous Keeps Crashing

by Llandros2012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Get Famous Keeps Crashing

★★★ Newbie

So. The Sims 4 Get Famous was just released and I downloaded it. Now, whenever I play, it crashes. I am on mac and really need to film a video for this expansion on YouTube (Zinikar432). Please get back to me asap.

From,

Fern. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @Zinikar432-Fern

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? If so, have you tried removing those ?

A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then works.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,369 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Zinikar432-Fern

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? If so, have you tried removing those ?

A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then works.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! One of the mods I had was one of the broken ones so I removed it and now can play!! You are my saviour, I thought I'd have to delete the Sims 4!!

Fern.

Message 3 of 9 (2,256 Views)

★ Novice

i'm having the same problem! But i dont use any mods. My mod folder is empty !

Message 4 of 9 (2,241 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have any mods or CC - I regenerated a fresh folder for the game.  My computer is well-over the specs for the base game and all the add-ons so far.  It NEVER crashed on me before but today, when traveling to a lot in San Myshuno and in Del Sol Valley it just hung twice on the loading screen and I had to force reboot the computer to get out.  

I've seen others on the forums posting the same thing.

Message 5 of 9 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem.

Deleted the game twice now and redownloaded everything but on loading screen just quits back to menu. No mods installed. The game is literally broken and with no answer this better get sorted quick or hundreds of pounds down the drain. Everything worked fine until the famous add on

Message 6 of 9 (2,225 Views)

Hero

Hi everyone

crashes have some many reasons.

Here's a few troubleshooting steps you can take: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547

If none of these help you, please each of you create your own thread, providing the following information

• Your Computer's DxDiag. You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Any critical events you find.
  • Attach the content of this file documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastcrash.txt(or variations of it). You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
  • At what point does your game crash ?
  • Is the crashing random or is there a pattern ?
  • Is it an occasional crash or constant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,212 Views)

★ Novice

Do you remember what mod it is?

Message 8 of 9 (847 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul!

As this thread is a few years old, I'm going to go ahead and close it out. That said, if you  have any new issues, please feel free to create a new thread and someone will be happy to help you out. Standard smile

Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (819 Views)