Re: Get Famous Acting Career Issue

by crinrict

Original Post

Get Famous Acting Career Issue

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Part Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing for while it won't let my actor sims go to their gigs. It will let them go to auditions sometimes, but not the actual acting gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let my actor sims go to the gigs most the times and won't let them go to auditions some of the time.
What do you expect to see? I would like my actor sims to be able to their acting jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the Get Famous patch and the game being installed.

See Above

Message 1 of 12 (5,981 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @christa09

could you describe in bit more details what happens ? How does it not let you go ? Do you not get a pop-up asking you if wanna go ? Do they go and come back ? Do you have issues with other active careers or even inactive ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (5,960 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't give a pop up for my sim to go to the gig.  At the end of the shift, it will pay my sims for the job, but they don't leave the house at all.  I don't believe it is doing that with other careers, just the acting one.

Message 3 of 12 (5,943 Views)

Hero
This seems a bit similar but not the same: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Get-to-Work-Get-Famous-Work-School-Notifications/m-p/7190571#M...

Could you try another career for testing ? Does the same happen if you start a new save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (5,934 Views)

Hero

Hi @christa09

do you still have issues with this ? Did you have a chance to test another career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (5,856 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (5,821 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry life has been crazy.  It doesn't do it on other careers that I have tried just the acting career.  

Message 7 of 12 (5,789 Views)

Hero

Hi @christa09

could you try a different household and a fresh save game for testing purposes to find out if it's tied to that particular save game/Sim/Household or a general issue with the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (5,773 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try that over the next few days.  Thanks for the help and advice.

Message 9 of 12 (5,765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i know this post was like in 2018 but I have the same like a few (sim) hours before the gig i get an error message

Message 10 of 12 (4,137 Views)