Re: Get Famous Acting Career Issue

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Get Famous Acting Career Issue

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue in Get Famous when my sim joined the acting career. Whenever I choose the option to join her to her gig, my screen is stuck on the loading plumbob. I have been waiting for a while and nothing changes. It's just stuck loading forever. I have to force close the game! Frown Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4 (4,221 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! I did go through my whole CC folder to find what was wrong and it ended up being that CC wasn't the problem. The recent update conflicts with all Script Mods, so I removed all of those and it worked :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (4,076 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ShyNightingale, that's frustrating! Disappointed  I was able to send one of my Sims to her acting job without problems, so it doesn't happen to everyone all the time. Raised eyebrow There are a few possibilities that I can think of:

1) do you play with Mods or CC? Wondering  If you do then you will have to temporarily remove them and then test you game.  If it then is fixed, then you know that it was some Mod or Custom Content that was causing the problem.  Mods and CC have to be updated by the creator whenever EA updates your game, or else it will cause problems in your game.

2.) You can try to repair your game through Origin

3.) Does your computer meet all the requirements for playing the Sims 4 plus any (and all) extra packs you might have, including Get Famous? (It is more often that it is Mods/CC or that you need to repair your game, but sometimes number 3 is the case. Thinking )

Also, can that same Sim travel to other locations, or does the same thing happen? Wondering What about Sims in other households or other Save Games?

There are other possibilities, but those are the ones to troubleshoot first.  If your game is still stuck on the loading screen when sending your Sim to her acting job, please tell us! 

Best of luck! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (4,195 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! I did go through my whole CC folder to find what was wrong and it ended up being that CC wasn't the problem. The recent update conflicts with all Script Mods, so I removed all of those and it worked :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 4 (4,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had almost the same issue when my sims got to max level in career actor and when I choose gig it showed nothing on the option I even reset it and still didn't work 

Message 4 of 4 (2,467 Views)