Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Gender Update ISSUES

by charmedbat
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Gender Update ISSUES

★★ Novice

With the latest Sims 4 update that removes gender restrictions, I unfortunately everytime I try to add a tattoo on my sims,  the whole body disappears, that also happens when I remove the shirt of my sims the body gets invisible. However, I chose to remove the shirt with the invisible body and press play just too see if in the game play my sim would be shirtless, and guess what? It appeared to have randomly new style, clothes that I havent EVER put on my sim. Once AGAIN, I'm experiencing issues with this game. And yes, i'm using mods but i know what to download and what not, the mods and everything were absolutely fine before this update... I'm a sims gamer from the very beginning its time for me to stop. VERY ANGRY, VERY DISAPPOINTED!  

Message 1 of 5 (161 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gender Update ISSUES

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Due to the 0.2 to 0.3 percent of the population wanting changes for unisex, the other 99.7 percent has to deal with these changes. EA/Origin doesn't care that the majority of the users "don't care" about the unisex agenda they're pushing. They have broken many "quality mods" that they themselves could not put in place.

The mods I have defined as having issues with the tattoo or even removing clothing, is the nude mods. Use of nude for tattoo placement, etc. I also use these mods, as have many, many, Many others.. I'm sure many more than the .2 or .3 of the population. Now i'm patiently waiting for a smart developer to recreate these mods.

Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gender Update ISSUES

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

 

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

 

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

 

  • Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

 

 

Mods are being updated. Just check with the creator. You're using mods at your own risk and it's in the nature of things that mods break.

 

@charmedbat @sljensen63

 

Happy Gaming
Crin


Trennlinie


I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.


Important Threads


Message 3 of 5 (123 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gender Update ISSUES

★★ Novice
sljensen63 thank you so much for telling me this, I noticed that myself that nude mods have unfortunately broken with this update. But please, if you find this smart developer you're mentioning  can you let me know about it through here? I would really appreciate it..
 
Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gender Update ISSUES

★★ Novice

Hey Crin, thank you for your reply. I tried that once on sims 3 and it worked. I think I'm going to try it on Sims 4 aswell, even tho I already know what its causing this problem.

Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)
Twitter Stream