Gate can't be placed on slope

by annaliese39

Original Post

Gate can't be placed on slope

★ Guide

Hi there, has anyone had issues placing gates since the Get Famous patch? Before I was able to place a fence on a lower level fence between two higher level fences, but now I am unable to do so even with MOO. As soon as two higher level fences come near, the gate gets deleted. If I try to replace it, it states the gate "can't be placed on a slope". Anyone have ideas how to get around this or is it just by design now? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,630 Views)

Re: Gate can't be placed on slope

Never tried this before. It could very well be new with the terrain tools. I'll tag @BryonyRae just to make sure!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,604 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yeah, that sounds terrain related.  I'll take a look!

Message 3 of 8 (1,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@annaliese39 I think I'll need to see an image (or two) of your setup.  In testing in my game, I didn't have any issues with fence placement like you describe.  I elevated and reduced terrain in various areas, and yes, if an area is somewhat sloped, the game may not allow a gate to be placed in that area, but that makes sense to me (it might not be routable if on too much of a slope).  With bb.moveobjects turned on, you have more options in placement although some slopes are still not allowed.  As far as moving/placing fences that cause gates to be deleted, I never saw that, but I did see the old bug that we've had for a while where when you place gates with bb.moveobjects on and hover them over fencing areas, the fencing disappears (see here).  But again, a picture could really help me in testing, and also the exact steps you took as you setup your layout.  Please tag me when you post images. Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BryonyRae Thank you for testing and getting back to me. I haven't used the terrain tools since the update and only noticed this issue when I realised my gate had suddenly disappeared. I have posted some screenshots for you to show you what I mean. The gate was originally where you now see the lower fence between the two columns. I have also noticed the disappearing fence bug you describe. When I try to replace the gate it either goes up too high so it is on top of the lower fence or states it cannot be placed on a slope. If I move one of the higher fences with the foundation away I can place it, but it gets deleted if I then try to connect them back together as they were before. For now I've just deleted the lower fence and left it open, but if you find a way around it please let me know. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,566 Views)

★ Guide

@BryonyRae I also have a screenshot here to show how it used to look before the patch (apologies for the poor light / UFO, but it was the only one I could find). 

Message 6 of 8 (1,556 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@annaliese39 okay, I see what you are seeing now - this issue is occurring because you have placed fencing on a foundation, and the game handles foundations differently now that terrain manipulation has been introduced.  I'm not sure if this will be considered a bug since, if I'm not mistaken, you would have to have bb.moveobjects turned on in order to set up a gate placement like this even before the patch.  I will ask about it though.  In the meantime, one thing you can do with bb.moveobjects on is place the gate just a *touch* in front of the area where you'd ordinarily put it.  Judging from your screen shot, with the two columns to either side, the gate will still look like it's in position, and the functionality tested out okay in my game.

Message 7 of 8 (1,518 Views)

★ Guide

@BryonyRae Yes, I thought as much. Thanks for taking a look for me and all your help. Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,498 Views)