Gardening

by JodiSmith1107

Original Post

Gardening

★★ Newbie

So I started playing The Sims 4 yesterday and created a new save. I started to do the challenge 'Rags to Riches'. Now obviously the easy way to earn money is to grow plants and to sell them and it was working fine until when I loaded up my game to play it again later on in the night, my plants weren't there. However, I could still interact with them. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: Gardening

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: Gardening

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

When you say the plants aren't there, are you just talking about the plants themselves, or the entire gardening mound that it creates when you plant something?

If you have Seasons, some plants will go into an "Out of Season" state during the Seasons in which they're dormant; if you want these plants to still grow, you will need to Shelter them so they can grow year round. (This will slow their quality development, but will allow you to keep harvesting and tending to them.)

When a plant goes "Out of Season" you can still interact with it to some degree, but it won't produce anything until it's either Sheltered, or In Season again.

(Additional Note: Manually moving a plant in and out of being Sheltered with restart the "growth" clock on a plant, meaning that it will have to germinate and grow into a full plant again before producing; this can be an issue if you work with build mode a lot.)

- B

Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)