Re: Gardening

by RayDragneel

Original Post

Gardening

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing Sims 4 for a few years now, and the one problem I always have is gardening. For example, when I downloaded Seasons, I can't plant any of the normal plants like strawberries, due to the fact it's too cold, even though there is a heat wave. Also, I can't graph plants onto other ones, or I the plants disappear when I plant them.

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RayDragneel

I think it's time to clean up your game folder. This bug may have arisen long ago in your game folder and it's still in some cache, which now needs to be removed. There can be even more saved bugs
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with the random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have any mods skip the next step.
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (225 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I've already fixed my game by doing these steps before... I've also had Sims 4 on 3 separate computers, without any of them being linked, and they've all had this bug...

Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RayDragneel

Unfortunately, then the only option you have left is the reinstallation of the game using Origin.
Reinstallation of the game takes place in the Program Files folder so it will not affect your saves in the Documents but it probably will not repair old safes.
Will it be effective you can check after moving the old folder "saves" to the desktop and after starting a new game.
Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)