by ayan4u2

Original Post

Gameplay freezing randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? lastException, Probably due to a broken mod.
What happens when the bug occurs? The gameplay freezes for about 5 minutes and no clicks works; in build mode all game animations still goes on. This happens once in every gameplay session. Sim's often resets automatically.
What do you expect to see? The game should work without any lag or freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The gameplay freezes for about 5 minutes and sims stops moving while the game animations still works; in build mode all game animations still goes on. This happens at least once in every gameplay session. Sim's often resets automatically. The problem is prominent ever since the island living update. Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this? Probably the problem is with broken mods . Please check the lastException file. Check it here as upload is currently not working: https://gofile.io/d/VwJDdj

Message 1 of 8 (357 Views)

Re: Gameplay freezing randomly

Hero
@ayan4u2 Updloads are currently not working.

Could you c/p the exception ?

Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi, thanks for response, the file is updated, please check
Message 3 of 8 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ayan4u2 Do you have any custom objects ?

There's this in your LE: Liv:Albert_Cheryl_Project1287642 .. does that ring to anything you've downloaded ?

Maybe you have a file called  Liv.package or LivTuning.package ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictYup, i do use custom objects.
Searched web and mod folder for that line (Liv:Albert_Cheryl_Project1287642), but couldn't find any thing! list of mods are at the bottom of the text!

Message 5 of 8 (281 Views)

Hero
@ayan4u2 Well, I can't go through a list of mods to find out what could possibly be your issue.

Have you tried the 50/50 method ?

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictOk correction, the issue persists without mods. Just found out!

Message 7 of 8 (261 Views)

@ayan4u2  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, could you try playing in a clean user data folder?  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just play a new save as you normally would and see if the problem recurs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (250 Views)