Re: Game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game

★ Novice

My sims 3 game won’t play pass the sims 3 game launcher. I just got a new gaming laptop and I was on the quest to play the sims 3…. I had issues with downloading it but thankfully I was able to download the base game and packs that I had. So I clicked play on sims 3 and thankfully the sims 3 game launcher pop up. I then proceeded to click play sims 3 inside the game launcher and to my disappointment it brought me back to the ea app. I cleared my cache countless of times deleted the game from my library and downloaded it multiple times as well. I also deleted my ea app and download it again multiple times and nothing. I am able to play sims 4 fine but sims 3 is the only one that is having the issues pass the game launcher. Help??

Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm responding in support of your post, even though I don't have this particular problem (I have other ones).

Someone will probably come up with a workaround, I'm sure, but I think Sims 3 needs a new update to accommodate all the new system configurations and hardware that have come out since the last one. There have been too many bugs and glitches that can't be fixed with the usual solutions to be ignored, IMO.

Message 2 of 3 (257 Views)

@howareyou98  Does your gaming laptop have a 12th-gen Intel processor?  If so, that's the issue: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these CPUs.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution of this thread for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/1...

If this isn't your issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)