Game wont update...

by MzProvocative

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game wont update...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My sims 4 wont update unless i install a new pack or something. I recently bought the Eco pack and my game updated to 1.63.134. But I'm seeing a new patch came out today and its 1.63.136. everytime i click update game it says its updated. I repaired the game. I reinstalled the game. i cleaned out cache and did moden reboots etc. Ive been having this issue with the sims for the longest. If I dont install a new game pack then it wont update at all. Plz help!

Message 1 of 5 (465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game wont update...

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict well I did launch the game after the download. I restarted I did the modem reboot etc--which led me to posting this because with everything I did, the game didnt show me that it updated. Idk maybe my computer has a mind of its own and shows the update when it wants lol. Thank you so much for you quick reply and help!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

All Replies

@MzProvocative  What's the full version number as it appears in the Main Menu?  You can see it along the bottom of the screen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! Omg i had to work a 16 hr shift.  Ok so today I opened the sims 4 folder and clicked game version and now it says 1.63.136.1010.  I didnt download it though.  Does the game need time to "generate" the proper game version file or something? its weird. i literally downloaded the eco pack the day it came out and after the installation the game version said 1.63.134. I posted my comment yesterday and turned off my computer. Now im back from work it says that the game version is 1.63.136.1010.

Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

@MzProvocative  If you didn't launch the game after downloading the update and before checking the version number, then the gameversion.txt file wouldn't update and would still show the old version.  I'm not sure what order you did things in, but that would be my guess.  At least you now know that one of the steps you took did in fact force the game to update though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict well I did launch the game after the download. I restarted I did the modem reboot etc--which led me to posting this because with everything I did, the game didnt show me that it updated. Idk maybe my computer has a mind of its own and shows the update when it wants lol. Thank you so much for you quick reply and help!
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)