by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't save any progress!!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.48.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Kits and Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply load up a save file and then go to save, save-as, or save & exit.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to save anything in the game (game progress or settings) I get a pop up with "The game failed to save. Error Code: 0" and then the game resumes or closes (depending on whether you clicked just save or save & exit) but the game will not of have saved any progress. I first noticed something was off when I loaded the game after the recent update and turned mods back on, but the settings didn't seem to save when I applied changes and restarted the game.
What do you expect to see? For the game to save any and all progress or setting changed made since booting up the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Was working fine until the April 27, 2021 update.

I first noticed the bug when I first loaded up the game after the latest update and the "mods disabled" notice came up. Went to settings and turned it back on, hit applied changes, and then restarted the game. Loaded up the game again, but the "mods disabled" notice came up again. Tried the process 3 more times and nothing would save, so went to build in one of my files and then I was hit with it: Failed to save game. Error Code: 0. Removed all mods and still, I can't save anything!!

Message 1 of 4 (1,075 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't save any progress!!

Hero
@Nightside-Rush Check if it blocks the Sims 4 then and if you maybe need to add it as an exception somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (987 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Nightside-Rush What security software are you using ? Sounds like something is blocking your user folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Oh! That would make sense! I use Norton security and it’s always blocking things I don’t want it to. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,001 Views)

Hero
@Nightside-Rush Check if it blocks the Sims 4 then and if you maybe need to add it as an exception somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (988 Views)