Re: Game won't run

by alleefur

Original Post

Game won't run

★★★ Novice

Okay, so I'm downloading the game/packs through Origin. The base game and World Adventures run fine, but after installing any packs past that problems arise. Pressing the Play button in the Launcher closes it as usual, but the game itself doesn't start. The same thing happens when trying to start the game without the launcher. 
Also, the launcher says "Cannot connect to EA Download Manager/Origin" when trying to update the game, but I've manually downloaded the most recent cumulative patch. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 10 (513 Views)

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (507 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the factory resent didn't work. I've tried un/reinstalling too, but still no game.

Message 3 of 10 (504 Views)

Hero

Might be an issue with the not connecting with Origin since you play the download version.

Have you reinstalled Origin as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (500 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's what I was thinking. I did try reinstalling it both without the games installed and with them installed, but no help. I even tried running them without Origin installed just in case. Is there any other solution to the launcher not connecting?

Message 5 of 10 (495 Views)

Hero

Maybe your Antivirus/Firewall is blocking the connection. Turn then off to see if it works and if so, add Origin and thesims.com as an exception to both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (492 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried that as well, but still no good. I'm running an Acer A0722 PC, if that helps at all

Message 7 of 10 (488 Views)

Hero

Do you maybe still have the EA Download Manager on your machine ? I do assume that Origin is updated to the newest version availble.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (485 Views)

★★★ Novice

Origin is fully updated, yeah. The launcher currently says it can't connect to EADM specifially, but I think that's just because WA was pre-Origin.

Message 9 of 10 (483 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher.

It used to say EADM for me all the time but now it says Origin (I don't have it installed so I get the message all the time but I have the disc version so I don't need it).

Also check if there's any EADM files left on your computer or in your registry and if so, remove them,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (467 Views)