Re: Game won't play

by pig0let

Original Post

Game won't play

★ Novice

So my Sims 4 game won't play. I can build but when I go to play as my sims, the game will freeze a few seconds after. I recently had this problem where there were all these random 'Delta Builds' and well as 'Strings' showed up where my CC and Mods would show up when I started the game. It had not been like that before. If I move all these files somewhere else, the game wouldn't start up because it said the game was broken. I assume these are part of the game, but why has it come to my startup list?

I'm also wondering if I delete Origin and reinstall it, will I still have my Sims 4 game? Also if I delete the SIms 4, can I still reinstall it? 

Message 1 of 3 (327 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried doing so, but there are no localthumbcache.package's, only localthumbcache. And there are two of them when I searched it up. None are in the Mods folder by the way.

And yeah, I do have CC.

Message 3 of 3 (259 Views)