Game won't open

by Glitch0o

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't open

★ Novice

So I just updated my game and then opened it to activate my mods. When I tried to open it again after activating my mods, it won't let me. Please help

Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't open

@Glitch0o  It sounds like at least one of your mods is broken.  Please remove the entire Mods folder (you can put it on your desktop), and launch the game to make sure it works.  If it does, you can start adding your mods back in batches, testing each time.  Any batch that prevents the game from loading needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).

It may save you some time to just download new versions of your mods, or at least the ones that are easiest to find.  Many mods were broken by this patch, so getting fresh copies of at least some mods is often easier than testing everything you already have.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

All Replies

@Glitch0o  It sounds like at least one of your mods is broken.  Please remove the entire Mods folder (you can put it on your desktop), and launch the game to make sure it works.  If it does, you can start adding your mods back in batches, testing each time.  Any batch that prevents the game from loading needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).

It may save you some time to just download new versions of your mods, or at least the ones that are easiest to find.  Many mods were broken by this patch, so getting fresh copies of at least some mods is often easier than testing everything you already have.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much! It took some time to go through all the cc and mod folders, but it worked!
Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)