Original Post

Game won't open offline

★★ Novice

For the past two days the game is not launching while offline

It opens fine when I am online

I did not buy an online game so I don't expect to only have access while online

Message 1 of 5 (314 Views)

Re: Game won't open offline

@sweetonsims  Is your computer offline, or just Origin (or the EA App)?  How are you trying to launch Sims 4?  What used to work for me is to launch directly from its .exe: the Origin sign-in window would appear, and once I input my credentials, it would disappear again and let the game open.  But you could also try opening Origin first, then launching either from your game library or the .exe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (272 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am also having this problem. Origin is offline, but my computer is not. I've tried launching it both through Origin, and directly through the TS4 .exe shortcut on my desktop.

We should be able to play games we've paid for without having to be online.
Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★★ Novice

I would usually open the game from the exe shortcut on my desktop and if my computer is offline origin would login in offline mode and then the game would automatically start. All of that is happening as usual except the game is not starting after the offline origin login. And since origin is offline I cannot access the game from the origin game library. Yes I know I can login to origin in online mode but I don't want to have to do that. It used to work before what's changed?

Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

@sweetonsims  Origin updated a couple of days ago, and it's been giving a lot of players problems ever since.  So this might be a temporary glitch rather than a design change.

You can also try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

You'll need to be online the next time you sign into Origin, as this process will remove your stored login info.  But after that initial online login, Origin may work properly offline again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (178 Views)
Twitter Stream