Game won't open because of corrupt files when transferring between computers

by simsical-musical

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't open because of corrupt files when transferring between computers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I recently got a new computer, a windows, unlike my old computer which was a mac. I moved all my game files over just fine, but then when I went to open my game, it says one of my mods was corrupt. I went and deleted the file, but when I opened the game again, still the same message. The game only opens when I don't have anything in my mods folder. I've tried everything, moving the files to my desktop and copying them all in except for the corrupt file, repairing my game, etc. But every time I get one file out of the way, another is corrupted and prevents my game from being opened. Is there any possible way I can fix this without having to redownload my thousands of cc items by hand or redownloading the entire game?

Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't open because of corrupt files when transferring between computers

Hero (Retired)
@hellothereamigo

The last large patch has broken 90% of the scripts mods and a large part of CC - those related to CAS. The price for using CC and mods is laboriously checking the mods folder after the patches. EA is not responsible for the operation of mods and CC. Their creators are responsible for it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it applies to the errors of the game also.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find culprits and either remove it or replace it with an updated version.
If you don't do it, the game will not work.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (437 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game won't open because of corrupt files when transferring between computers

★ Apprentice

Hello,

Have you tried the 50/50 method?

Carl's Sims 4 guide has a good article on how to do it.

Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@hellothereamigo

The last large patch has broken 90% of the scripts mods and a large part of CC - those related to CAS. The price for using CC and mods is laboriously checking the mods folder after the patches. EA is not responsible for the operation of mods and CC. Their creators are responsible for it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it applies to the errors of the game also.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find culprits and either remove it or replace it with an updated version.
If you don't do it, the game will not work.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (438 Views)