Game won’t load.

by aimz1810

Original Post

Game won’t load.

★ Novice

I haven’t played my Sims three game in about a year and I’ve  tried to load it a few times in the last couple of days and it gets to about halfway and then stops loading on the second loading screen and then when it does eventually load everything just freezes and I’m not sure what to do. I have uninstalled all my custom content to see if that is the reason but nothing seems to help?

Message 1 of 5 (454 Views)

Re: Game won’t load.

@aimz1810  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Try moving your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts; you can put it on your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Let me know whether you can start a new save and play properly in this folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (443 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve just tried to do this and it’s uninstalled Riverview and my loading screen is now glitching?

Message 3 of 5 (430 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve lost Riverview and my downloads and installed content, do you know how I get that back?

Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

@aimz1810  Store content, including Riverview, is installed into the game folder, as in, the one you moved to your desktop.  So you could reinstall it from the store, or you could move the associated files into your new game folder.  But leave that for now—the first step is to get the game running properly.

What do you mean by glitching?  There are a number of different issues that can crop up with the game these days, and they require different fixes.  Can you load a save, even if the screen looks weird?  If so, please check your in-game fps: open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C) and enter "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner of the screen; let me know its range, more or less.

It would also be helpful to know what kind of hardware your computer has, and if there are any other signs of issues with the game.  A dxdiag will cover all that information and more.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (416 Views)