Re: Game won't load after downloading Sims 4 Cats and Dogs?!

by MoonYuzuki

Original Post

Game won't load after downloading Sims 4 Cats and Dogs?!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

After some help please.

I've downloaded the Sims Cats and Dogs today through Origin and since downloading when I try to open Sims 4 the screen goes white and does not load the game.

Some of the answers I found from different forums mentioned that the game has system requirements that need to be met in order to work.

I've tried to check this but wasn't able to find where I can check all the requirements within my laptop. Not that tech savvy unfortunately and from what I could find I do have a 1.7ghz processor and somewhere mentioned it needed a 1.8ghz minimum, this confused me as I have other expansion packs that had the same sort of requirements such a city living and have not had a problem.

I shouldn't need the legacy edition as my laptop is 64bit.

Another answer I got from a forum suggested that the CCs and mods may be broken due to the new game, so for now I have moved the mods file to my desktop, this hasnet resolved the issue either.

Ive tried restarting my laptop, cleaning the caches, repairing the game and nothing.

Argh, help!

Cheers

Message 1 of 21 (1,022 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@flossy1611

You can check it here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-...
The most important is a good enough video card VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
These start errors could mean that your graphics card cannot run Dogs and cats.
But it may be the fault of outdated mods for example or outdated graphics drivers.
To check it move the game folder from Documents to the desktop and try to launch the game. Your saves and library will stay safe on the desktop.

If you still will have this problem could you post your computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/
(Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
Copy and paste or type "DxDiag" in the new field. (Without the quotes) > ENTER
Wait until the green bar is gone > Click on "Save all information"
Save the file to your desktop)
Here at AHQ > click on "Reply" > click on "choose file" > navigate to the "DxDiag.txt" on your desktop. > select the "DxDiag.txt" > click on "Open"
Type a few words in the text box > click on "Submit"

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 21 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

I notice this too...

My game didn't start white screening till after I brought it. Before I only had Get Famous, Get to work, City living, vampires and the free stuff. I purchased cats and dogs with realm of magic and spooky stuff, so I thought RM was the problem seeing how new packs cause some issues in the game.

1. Open the game white screen

2. close game

3. update the base game and recheck on 64 executable

4. if needed repair packs

5. open game again it's fine if not repeat steps 1-3

But after 3 or 4 updates it still happens I open the game Monday I have to do the steps I typed above, open the game the next day white screen with music in the background. Is there a way fix this because, It works fine on my computer I don't want to keep restarting 2 to 3 times when I want to play the game... Disappointed

Message 3 of 21 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MoonYuzuki

If you have any mods move the game folder to the desktop and try to launch the game. If it will work delete in the new game folder following folders: "saves" and Tray.
Then copy the same folders from the desktop and paste them into a new game folder. Do the same with the TrayDeleteItems file.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

However, if the game will not start after moving the game folder to the desktop, it will mean that your computer has a problem running this game. In this case, post here DXDiag of your computer according to the instructions described above.

Message 4 of 21 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

( if it is moded ) If you are still have problems an are using mods make sure all the mods are up to date this is only if you are using mods 

(if you dont have mods ) try changing the the graphics in settings for that you can lower it  in setting.

note some laptops can not handle high graphics an will tend to make your game not work right 

Message 5 of 21 (939 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora I am running the game on a brand new HP laptop with 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM,8gen Intel i5 processor, and 1 TB hard drive. As for mods and CC I only have MCCC & a few hair styles.
Message 6 of 21 (929 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DeathDog08gaming I got rid of most of the files in the mods folder because they broke in game and I downloaded the newest patch for MCCC. For graphics I set it on medium for sims low for background.
Message 7 of 21 (924 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@MoonYuzuki

Could you inform me what graphics card you have exactly? I suspect from the description of this laptop that it is not a dedicated card but an integrated Intel chip. 4 GB RAM is not too much if you have a weak integrated graphics card because it will consume most of this RAM memory without leaving too much memory for the game. It will cause that your sim will wait a while before taking any action, and the task queue will expire quickly. After downloading Cat and Dogs computer may not turn on at all with such a card.
Have you downloaded the latest graphics drivers for this card after purchasing this laptop? Do you have all Windows updates? This could be known from DXDiag but I see you have a hard time doing it.
Message 8 of 21 (913 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@flossy1611  How much memory is in your computer? IMO I wouldn't recommend a cpu less then dual core with a base speed of 2.4GHz. Does your computer have integrated graphics? Even if you have a 64 bit cpu and a 64 bit operating system the new minimum memory requirement is 8Gb of main memory. If you have 4Gb of main memory there is no need for a 64 bit operating system. I recommend memory amounts in 4Gb segments although you can have a 4Gb module and a 2Gb module that equals 6Gb but this tends to have problems with some systems that try to run the memory in dual channel. The Sims 4 base game is 32 bit but the some expansion packs require 64 bit. I don't know why TS4 wants the LE edition but my guess it has something to do what the amount of memory in your computer. Cats and dogs requires a 64 bit operating system.

Message 9 of 21 (902 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MoonYuzuki   Do me a favor and give your computer a memory bump to 8Gb. You can thank me later.

Message 10 of 21 (901 Views)