Re: Game won't launch without updating? Pls help

by crinrict

Original Post

Game won't launch without updating? Pls help

★★ Pro

So as stated, I'm unable to even launch the game without updating. How can this be? I'm up to date until the patch before that so I'm running the Journey to Batuu version and suddenly I can't play anymore since update on 6th October rolled out. What if I just _don't want_ the latest update until I know what was broken in the game this time? How can I work around this? I remember being able to launch the game without updating before. Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 6 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir If you don't want the lastetet update, you need to set Origin to offline mode before it knows about the patch. Once it knows about it, you need to update.

Haven't tried it in a while myself but from what others are saying, that's the only way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,159 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict ugh, * I wish I knew that before D: Haven't been playing sims after Spelunky 2 came out so that ship probly sailed already on Oct 6th.. :D But thanks anyway! <3 I wish we knew like a day or so in advance when an update is coming!
Message 3 of 6 (1,150 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir Can you try if you can play if you go offline ? It's worth a try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,146 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict wow I feel so dumb right now :D Yep, it works!
I just tried it by quitting origin and disabling my internet connection but whenever I tried running the game exe it would prompt me to connect with origin.. x_x Very awkward that you can run the game with origin in offline mode but not run the game without origin whatsoever. I really just want to be able to run a game I own without any additional software.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 5 of 6 (1,141 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir It's there DRM.

Thanks for confirming that this works though. That's good to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,120 Views)