Game won't launch, Origin won't work either

by byuusetsu

Original Post

Game won't launch, Origin won't work either

★ Novice

Hello, I downloaded this game yesterday and also got Origin and I haven't been able to get it to work at all and I've gotten a ton of errors. I've spent 2+ hours on the phone with EA employees and still haven't been able to fix the problem.

I have tried everything from restarting my computer to clearing my cache to changing the Internet Explorer settings to creating another user as an admin and running Origin and Steam on there, but I keep getting errors. Origin sometimes won't connect to the server, other times it's stuck in offline mode, and even when I got it to go online by changing to another user Sims 4 still won't launch and it says my computer is offline when it isn't.

I'm incredibly frustrated and confused, does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? I'm including my msinfo because I was asked to download that at one point.

Message 1 of 5 (362 Views)

Re: Game won't launch, Origin won't work either

Champion (Retired)

@byuusetsu 

What errors do you get and when do you get them.?

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (354 Views)

★ Novice

I don't get error codes but Origin either won't log in or is stuck in offline mode, and when I actually got to the Sims screen it said it was offline too.

Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)

★ Novice

Also this is the error the Sims gives me but I'm not offline.

Message 4 of 5 (347 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@byuusetsu 

This is caused by your security software blocking Origin and the game from going online. You can find directions for some common programs here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (317 Views)