Game will not work after update on june 4th

by TaraLynn2012

Original Post

Game will not work after update on june 4th

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them accept the new eco one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know
What happens when the bug occurs? I play everyday when i went to play today it wanted an update so i agreed and now my game wont work youi cannot play any lots with sims on them
What do you expect to see? when you hover over lots with sims on them it glitches you cannot see the picture of which sims is in that house then if yopu click on it it says error
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did the game update for june 4th

I do not have any screenshots right now

Message 1 of 16 (804 Views)

Re: Game will not work after update on june 4th

Hero
@TaraLynn2012 Have you tested this without mods installed ?

Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flash...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

no i have not yet without mods  but i love my mods i don't think i could play without  lol  Thanks for reply Standard smile

Message 3 of 16 (754 Views)

Hero
@TaraLynn2012 Mods get outdated with patches, you just need to update them. Check with the creators if they arleady did.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

People that didn't have the crash before now got it instead. I've got 10 people reporting about it so far.

Message 5 of 16 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can you please tell me which mod would have done this and how to fix the game I am no good at back ups and stuff

Message 6 of 16 (672 Views)

Hero
@TaraLynn2012 The thread I linked above has a few listed

There's lots of script mods that can cause this though

Here's a current list of outdated mods:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The first update I did worked perfectly fine , but the second update is now making my game crash or Keep saying error I don’t know what to do , I restarted my computer , I do have MODS a CC in my game so idk if that’s the issue 

Message 8 of 16 (618 Views)

Hero
@Tameya112 Do takte them out and try without to make sure it's not the mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, not sure if this the right forum to write on but my game is straight up not working after the 4th June update. 

And let me tell u that i have tried eeeeverything. Like idk what to do. I've spent my entire day trying to figure something out but as soon as I get to the main menu, my loaded games don't work and if I do by some mircale get through to the world maps, it crashes the moment I get to a loading screen. 

I've cleared all caches, removed all my mods, restored the game to factory settings etc. but nothing has worked. 

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I would really be grateful if u could redirect me/help me please lol. 

Message 10 of 16 (600 Views)