Game will not start

by DarkAngelBeckon

Original Post

Game will not start

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this issue, exactly as it is stated above.  I also use mods.  They are not even hooked up to the Sims 4 right now cause I can't start the game.  I have deleted the entire game (I have EVERY pack/kits/all of things).  I have downloaded it 4 times and still have the SAME issue.  I have followed the suggestions in this post and it STILL does not work.  Please help soon....Origin or EA needs to fix this and keep it from happening with every single update.

EDIT: Split from main thread and adjusted title

Message 1 of 20 (871 Views)

Re: My Game will not start

Hero
@DarkAngelBeckon What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ESET Smart Security Premium Professional & Malwarebytes.  My game was working fine, I stopped playing to go to sleep, then woke up and couldn't play anymore.  Got the press play in origin for Sims 4 and then it minimizes for a few seconds and pops back up without any Sims 4 playing.  I have followed all of the instructions in this post.  Nothing is working.  The game stopped working on the 5th of November.

Message 3 of 20 (825 Views)

Hero
@DarkAngelBeckon Don't know hoe ESET would work. Did you check if it blocked the exe ? Do you have the ts4_x64.exe file in the installation folder ?

Does the program have any ransomware protection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (805 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security-premium/  There is the Antivirus and all of it's stuff.  https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium  And this is the other one I use.  I have used them for years.  EA/SIMS 4 has always been a green light program to use as are all the .exe's on my computers.  My system is check for everything and is clean.  All the programs and ALL my games play, except the sims 4.  What is odd, is that while I had the game shut off for a few hours, that it simply wouldn't be able to play after I woke back up.  There were no updates to windows, ESET, Malwarebytes.  So....what can I do, since I have followed all your suggestions that are posted?  All my games are green lighted in all my programs.  Nothing is amiss on my side.  And I have thoroughly checked everything you guys have said.  Yet, this is the only game on my entire gaming PC that won't start.  With mods, without them.  Nothing.  The exe is not blocked by anything.  I have checked and rechecked after deleting the game 4 times, completely off the computer & reinstalling it fresh from y'alls site.  So what do I do now?

Message 5 of 20 (762 Views)

Hero
@DarkAngelBeckon It could be something else entirely. The only option to rule out antivirus entirely is to temp turn it off completely but I don't like to suggest that. You could try disconnecting from the net and trying in offline mode though with antivirus disabled.

Do you have any errors in your DxDiag ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (757 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried offline mode, I tried turning off the antivirus, firewall, the whole thing.  Same ordeal.  Push play.  Sits there for 30 seconds and then doesn't start and shows me the EA app again with the play button needing to be pushed again.  Already tried that..

Message 7 of 20 (692 Views)

Hero
@DarkAngelBeckon Going to split your posts to their own thread.

Could you post your DxDiag ? It seems to me there's another problem going on for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Where do I find that?

Message 9 of 20 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This?

Message 10 of 20 (670 Views)