Re: Game will not start after installing exspansions and stuff packs

by danielr02

Original Post

Game will not start after installing exspansions and stuff packs

★★ Novice

Hi there, I'm having some terrible issues with my Sims 3 Installations!

I am installing the games purely by discs which I bought and only installed Origin as it offered it.

Owned Discs:

Sims 3 Base

Ambitions

World Adventures

Fast Lane

Town Life

Outdoor stuffs

Design & High Tech stuffs

I installed the base game first and tested it and it worked great!

So I started to install the others in order and updated the Launcher when it asked each time

Now when I try to play the game it does not work at all. The Launcher opens fine when I open the last expansion .exe which was put onto my desktop, I press play on the launcher and nothing happened, nor does the bypass of game/bin/TS3W - nothing happens at all, its only after installing the expansions.

I've tried to see if updates are needed but it says Im fully up to date, so now I am clueless. Ive even tried changing the compatability on the properties. 

I used Windows 10, its a brand new laptop

Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)

Hero

What's your game version ? 1.69 or 1.67 ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"nor does the bypass of game/bin/TS3W - nothing happens at all, its only after installing the expansions." (Sorry, I don't know how to quote xD)

If your launcher is an earlier version that 1.69, have you tried opening the TS3W file by clicking 'Run as Administrator'?

Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)