Game will not recognize that buggy mod was taken out--will not start

by HildeHoney

Original Post

Game will not recognize that buggy mod was taken out--will not start

★★ Novice

Game keeps telling me that a specific mod is corrupted and thus the game will not start. So I take out the specific mod out of the folder. Still get that message. The file is completely deleted, not even on my computer any longer. So I take EVERYTHING out of the mods folder. STILL get that message for the SAME EXACT MOD ONLY. So far I have:

- Shut the computer off several times.
 - Repaired the game
 - Re-installed the game

- Updated the game--both manually and apparently there was an actual update within the last few days.

I'm at a loss for what I have to do in order to get the game to recognize that the file is GONE. And it won't let me start, so it's not like I can turn mods off from within the game. Help me please, I just bought Seasons and want to fight my neighbors Frown

Message 1 of 8 (661 Views)

Re: Game will not recognize that buggy mod was taken out--will not start

Hero

HI @HildeHoney

there's a file called localthumbcache.package in your doc folder.Try deleting that file (no worries, it will re-create on the next game start).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (642 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @crinrict, thank you for replying. I tried it and still no dice--still giving me the same error message for the same corrupted mod that's long gone and refusing to load. :/

Message 3 of 8 (628 Views)

Hero
Wonder if the game uses a different folder than you think then.

Can you search your hard drive for other occurrences of that mod ? Also check oneDrive if you use that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (613 Views)

★★ Novice

I had thought I had found the mod through a search of my overall computer and deleting whatever came up, but I guess not. So NOW it isn't giving me an error message, it just....isn't starting. The cursor spins, then stops and the EA window pops back up into frame again. That's it. Even tried repairing it again, just for good measure.

Message 5 of 8 (603 Views)

Hero
Could be another mod still causing issues.

Did you try removing the entire mods folder ? It's a bit hard to find out which one is causing the issue if you can't get into the game though so you might need to do a search again for mods if there's any other folders the game might be using.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (591 Views)

★★ Novice

I took everything out of the mods folder and the mod error message somehow returned. Frown Did another computer-wide search and it claimed the mods are still in it. Meanwhile, in another window, the mods folder is of course completely empty. I give into insanity and delete them everywhere it turned up in said search--backup folder of the mods on the desktop, recycle bin, history, Chrome's download folder, appdata, EVERYWHERE. Even tried to get rid of the memory of the webpage itself that I downloaded it from, just in case, but it won't let me. I attached a picture of my mod folder so you can see I have the right place and am not making this wackness up. Asked my husband who built the computer if he has any ideas and he has nothing. I've been adding and taking out mods since Sims 1 and have never encountered this madness.

But now it's back to not giving me an error message, just not loading at all and bringing up the EA window. I'll probably repair, uninstall, and reinstall yet again just to see in a moment but I'm at my wit's end.

Message 7 of 8 (579 Views)

Hero

Could you post a picture of the first doc folder ? You have documents > Documents

Did you also check the Google Drive folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (572 Views)