Game will not load

by Efauna

Original Post

Game will not load

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've been playing The Sims 3 for a few days now on regular settings and have had no problem opening the launcher and playing the game. Tonight the launcher loads, I click the play button and then a black screen shows with a loading circle and then pops back to my desktop.

I have searched relentlessly online for help, tried contacting EA through their online chat service and never was queued up with any representative.

I have tried unistalling the two expansions that I own and reinstalling them. I have yet to uninstall the main game and reinstalling it since that will take about a day. I was wondering if there is any other way because if I end up uninstalling and reinstalling the main game and it still does not work, I think I'll just stop even bothering with the game.

Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: Game will not load

Hero (Retired)

Most cases this situation is caused by a problem with the user game data. Here is a link about how to reset your user data. This will show if the game or user data has a problem - link - reset game. This is a forum for users by users. I do not work for EA nor do I profit in any way from EA. TS3 has developed up to 3D gaming genre and trouble shooting problems comes with the territory. TS3 is not the only game with problems.

Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)