Re: Game will not launch at all.

by LordN3rull

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ok Guys and Girls, This has just worked for me.

Set Origin to Run as Admin and in XP mode.

Then I went to 'C:\ProgramData\Origin\'

Deleted all the Cache Files I could find.

Rebooted Origin, Presto! 

Hope this works for you too. Confusedmileytongue:

Message 31 of 63 (942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Congrats on getting it to work. I don't think we had similar issues since you have been able to run it at least in the past.

Message 32 of 63 (925 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bump... anyone been able to get it to work when this error occured the first time you tried to play?

Message 33 of 63 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@rross15 wrote:

Bump... anyone been able to get it to work when this error occured the first time you tried to play?

Nope Standard smile

But can see from the logs:

1 [17:57:31 GMT] Event Core::CoreLogger Open V4.7.0.1 - Log C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\TheSims4_TS4_OnlineActivation_Log Opened 9/4/2014 - [17:57:31 GMT] 2 [17:57:31 GMT]   AccessDRMLicense_AccessDigitalV4 GetLicParams License signature is good.

So i'm guessing that the brief activation file/service isn't failing, but it's the main ts4.exe process that's somehow acting up?

Message 34 of 63 (901 Views)

★★ Apprentice

bumppppp

Just working on a refund now. I give up, unless someone has some success to give me hope.

Message 35 of 63 (864 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine doesn't launch either. Tried everything I could think of and then some, nothing makes the game launch when I click "play" on origin. I'm starting to regret purchasing this game, almost 24 hours after launch and the game can't even launch through origin library.

So frustrated with origin at this point.

Message 36 of 63 (835 Views)

★★★ Novice

2½ chats sessions later I am no closer to getting a working game

At some point during the customer service chat I will be asked to do something that will close my browser and then quit the chat..... 2 times......now waiting for 3rd session........ C'MON!!!

And yes,,,I am resuming from my open cases, which at some point will be closed because i'm in queue waiting for a (new) rep.

Message 37 of 63 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Worked for me, composed of random ideas on the interwebs plus personal experience:

0. Don't try to contact EA. It's a waste of time. They don't know anything that isn't immediately found using google.

1. Updated video card drivers (mine were from 2012 *sigh*)

2. Clean Reboot (google it)

3. Launch Origin as administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode (I'm running Win 7 so it's ridiculous, but I was really beginning to flip my lip at the end)

4. Turn off Origin In-Game before launching the game

One or more of those did the trick for me.

PS. For flipping fizzles sake EA, how many times must I solve your bloody problems for you??? Can't you make a solid game that launches without an issue from a solid platform? Get some extra classes at Steam University or something... geez...

Message 38 of 63 (769 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried everything that the assistants from EA said to do, as well as the options presented by other players having this issue, and nothing at all has worked for me. Not a clean boot, drivers are already updated, launching both Origin and S4 in Admin mode (even though UAC and DEP are disabled on my computer), compatibility mode for win7, and XP. Nothing. Tried disabling windows firewall and peerblock; nothing. I have no idea what to really do at this point aside from it being some sort of Visual C issue perhaps? Going to try and download the latest vc redistributables, will re-reply with results...

...P.S., Here's my DXDIAG:
[URL=http://wikisend.com/download/361060/DxDiag.txt]DxDiag.txt[/URL]

Message 39 of 63 (727 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump!! some one needs to figure this out. 

Message 40 of 63 (695 Views)