Game super laggy

by amyb613

Original Post

Re: Game super laggy

Hero (Retired)
@amyb613
Open windows task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and see if there are any programs - for example, discord, graphics programs - running on the background (check the process tab), and finish them. then start the game again.
https://www.howtogeek.com/108742/how-to-use-the-new-task-manager-in-windows-8/
Message 11 of 14 (243 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora 

Just to clarify, you mean anything that is running in the background to end that task? I have many things that are contributing like .1% to CPU, but it keeps changing. 

Message 12 of 14 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@amyb613
.Microsoft programs that are used by the system are necessary.
However, you should close all others - for example, graphics programs, Skype and similar, and even an anti-virus program to find if one of them does not interfere with the game.
The number of applications sometimes completely unnecessary added to the computers by the manufacturer is huge and you really can not guess if any of them will not harm this very specific game.

One thing more - In the game options - enable vertical synchronization in graphics options as it was mentioned earlier. It will be not hurt for sure.  I do not know - there are thousands of posts and each case has often different reason however it will produce a similar issue.

Message 13 of 14 (232 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora 

Thanks for all the help but I tried the v-sync thing and it didn't help. I am going to set up an appointment with someone to look at my computer to see if they can solve the problem. 

Message 14 of 14 (199 Views)