Re: Game suddenly very slow

by Lunapooh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game suddenly very slow

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My daughters SIMS 4 suddenly started running very slow for no apparent reason. Since that fateful day I have been trying to find out what has changed on my computer to make this happen. I have deleted cache, uninstalled Origin, Sims 4 and re-installed them.. updated NVIDIA drivers uninstalled NVIDIA  drivers, sound drivers.. lowered resolution, played offline, laptop mode.. nothing works. I get the same slow video if im on Low res or Ultra I have turned AV off and on, no help. I have the DXDIAG file attached. There are no Mods and the game ran find from the start.. just not sure what happened to make the game all   but unplayable. ANY help will be GREATLY appreciated, I am in the process of building a system  for her to run this game and several others that she likes, but until that  is done, she is stuck playing on mine. The Sims 4 is the only game  that  has issues.. everything else runs as it should.

Message 1 of 20 (3,364 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Lunapooh 

OK, this is a difficult problem because there is little to go on.

You are sure that you followed the clean boot guide by the letter? And you tested the game in clean boot mode?

Did you installed new soft or hardware to this Computer around the time the problems started?
When did you update to the latest Windows build?

Disable Origin in game. (Origin menu top left > Origin > Application Settings > Origin in game > Enable Origin In-Game > Off.)

Go offline and disable your anti virus scanner > Start Origin in Offline mode > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (4,023 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You are very low on free space for temp files on you C: drive. Freeing up space will likely help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 20 (3,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have  removed  70GB of  programs from both C (SSD Drive) and  D (all other programs)

No luck.. still  laggy. Even moved Sims 4 to the SSD.. loads  quicker.. but  video is  still just  as  laggy. At  least now both drives  are not red in properties..  thanks.

Message 3 of 20 (3,327 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I see that you have an MSI system. Do you have Nahimic or MSI Afterburner installed? If so in the case of Nahimic uninstall it. For afterburner turn it off before running the game.

Otherwise try to perform a clean boot and see if the game works better.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 20 (3,301 Views)

★★★★ Novice

did  clean reboot and disabled MSI but not luck. attaching Hwinfo .txt file since .csv   isnt supported.

Message 5 of 20 (3,251 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @Lunapooh , 

Thank you for attaching all these files and for letting us know what you've tried up until this point :3

I've seen in the dxdiag that you've had some errors with no data Frown. Could you try a SFC scan and see how it behaves after that? You'll just need to enter into Command Prompt as Admin for the first part. 

⤷ Steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Please let me know if you encounter the same problem with other games

We'll be waiting for your reply, hopefully with good news ^_^.

Message 6 of 20 (3,244 Views)

@Lunapooh 

Change the extension of the hwinfo log to "xxx..csv.txt" and try the upload again.

You also could upload the file to a free file hosting side (Dropbox, onedrive for example) and post the link here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 20 (3,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hope  this helps! Thanks!!

Message 8 of 20 (3,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No errors  were  found. Devil Im trying to get  a short clip of  the lag, but  having difficulty getting it small enough  to post here. 

Message 9 of 20 (3,193 Views)

★ Guide

Post it on youtube if you can and give us the link :3

It can be set as unlisted so that only those with a link to see it ^_^. 

Message 10 of 20 (3,162 Views)