Re: Game suddenly very slow and laggy

by 8ochinchin

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@8ochinchin 

It looks OK. The game is working on NVidia card according to config.log. Try using the Alt - on the left and Enter - on the right the last key -  together to switch it to windowed mode.

Message 11 of 22 (810 Views)

@8ochinchin  You'd be fine posting messages (error or otherwise) in German—there are a couple of native speakers here—but if the scans didn't turn up anything, there's no point.  The Nvidia issues are more game-related than generalized, but either way, that's not relevant to your other issues—the 1050 ti probably isn't even being used by most of the other apps that are acting up right now.

Anyway, I think this is probably a job for @holger1405.  Hopefully, he'll have some ideas.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 22 (795 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I meant "doesn't work" as in "doesn't help", I can go into Windowed mode. Everything is working, but the framerate is the real problem there, the game is basically unplayable with it being so slow.

Message 13 of 22 (798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it. 

Message 14 of 22 (786 Views)

@8ochinchin 

If it is easier for you we could move this conversation to the German section.

"Other apps are still as weird and laggy as before."

Does this means other apps also running slow?

The Scf /scannnow report was "der windows-ressourcenschutz hat keine integritätsverletzungen gefunden"?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 15 of 22 (766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's fine, I'm more comfortable with English. The only apps that are running slow are my default Windows 10 apps. Like Microsoft Edge (which doesn't load anything at all) or Store. I can't really summarize it by just saying that they're all "running slow" because there are apps that don't load at all, there are some that work fine and some where it's fine most of the time, but then some weird error would pop up. But I didn't notice anything weird with my other apps, so I just assume that it's only the case for default apps.

Yes, that was the report.

Message 16 of 22 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it's just Microsoft Apps in general. For example my Netflix app is very slow and laggy too. I think it's just weird that Sims 4 is somehow affected if it really is the same issue that's causing all this. I have tons of other games and not a single problem with them.

Message 17 of 22 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]

@8ochinchin 

Do you monitor the temperatures of your hardware?

Edit: Ok, @puzzlezaddict  already took care of that... Embarrassed

I need to see what is going on at your system:

• Download and run hwinfo (The green field, not the red one! [download for free])
    HW info.png
  • Click on sensors only > click on the sheet with the green cross (logging) > give the file a name and save it.
  • Wait 5 minute > Play The Sims for about 10 minutes.
  • Stop the logging of hwinfo64 (Click on the sheet again) > upload the log file to a free file hosting side (onedrive or dropbox for example) > post the link here.

Also report any issues while running the test.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 18 of 22 (723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here it is. Pretty much all the same, very slow, very low framerate, other than that - perfectly functional, all game mechanics work. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5yxC8GBEgqaUTmD1SXshskA8E

Message 19 of 22 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]

@8ochinchin 

Ok, your CPU is getting to hot...

temp.png

...and is throttling all the time because of that:

Trotl.png

Also, it seems that your NVIDIA GPU is not utilized:

load.png

Lets handle the GPU utilization last, that could be a a side effect of the failing cooling.

You need to clean, or let someone clean, your Notebooks fan system.
It might also be necessary to examine the condition of the cooling components in the notebook, but clean the fan system first, if that doesn't help, we'll see.

Edit: Also, thanks @puzzlezaddict  for tagging. (I was sure I did wrote that in my first post in here.... )

Message 20 of 22 (1,492 Views)